Search for content in message boards

Best Family

Best Family

Posted: 29 Jan 2000 7:20PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2001 2:57AM GMT
Is anyone researching the Best Family from Georgia by way of South Carolina/North Carolina. My Great Grandfather is on the Worth Co. Georgia cencus. Can anyone help me find out where they came from.

Best Family

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 1:06AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 8:26PM GMT
John Best married to Hannah.John died in 1799. They had 10 children.I have a list of the children's names. Their son Howell Best married to Prudence. Howell died 1839 in Duplin Co. N.C. He had 10 children.I have a list of their children's names.They had a son John Best born 1798 Duplin Co. N.C. He married Sarah Brown before 1823 in N.C. He died after 1870 in Early Co. GA.They had 12 children. I have a list of their children. John and Sarah's son was Jeremiah M. Best born 1825 in N.C. He married Martha Fluellen Read in 1846. They had 12 children. They ended up in Texas. Both of them are buried in Spurger,Texas.Their daughter Caldonia Best was my Great Grandmother. Is this the Best family link you are looking for?
Posted: 9 Feb 2000 1:56PM GMT
Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure. At this time I can't make a connection with your Best and mine. I have Turner Best or a Travis Best. Do you have these names in your research?

Best Family

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 2:59PM GMT
I can't find Travis or Turner in my research so far. Let me give you the names I have as children. John and Sarah Brown Best. Born 1798 and 1800. 1. Margaret Ann born 1823. 2. Jeremiah born1825. 3. Archabel born 1832. 4. Benjamin born 1832. 5. Tillman born 1834. 6. Howell born 1834. 7. Sophia born 1836. 8. Julius Jasper born 1837. 9. Betsy born 1838. All above born in No. Carolina. 10. Sarah A. born1842. 11. John Polk born 1844. 12. Caleb born? The last three were born in Early Co. GA. Children of Howel Best who died 1839 and his wife Prudence are as follows 1. Jacob 2. Redden 3. Patience 4. john born 1798 N.C. who married Sarah Brown. 5. Halsey 6. William 7. Priscilla 8. Elizabeth 9.Barbara 10. Rebecca. No dates on these. The furthest I go back is John Best died 1799 Duplin Co. N.C. He married Hannah ? dates. But these are their children. !. Patty 2. Benjamin 3. John 4. Rebecca 5. Elizabeth 6. Absolum 7. Howell died 1839, married Prudence N.C. 8. Henry 9. Ethelread 10. Reddin died 1857 Duplin Co. N.C. Not sure if this is any good to you. I'm just starting to look up names . I happen to come upon yours when I looked up the Best name. Have you had anyone with names that match the ones I have given you? If you do PLEASE forward to me. I would appreciate it so much. I live in Hawaii now. It's difficult for me to go to these places to look at records. Thanks! Cyd

Best Family

Posted: 9 Feb 2000 5:07PM GMT
Cyd,
I will keep a copy of your message in my files. If I come across anyone that has these names I will contact you and also my research may reveal that these names do fit.
good hunting Cyd.
Aloha, Judy
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 6:03PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 12:22AM GMT
To: Judy, Cynde, Betty others.
John Best, m. Hannah, was born in old Dobbs Co., prsent day Green, along with brothers Henry, William and Benjamin. They were the sons of Henry Best, Jr., who was the son of Henry Best, Sr., who was the son of Thomas Best,b. 1602 in England. This family has been well searched and documented.
I will share what I have, or point you to the
source. I descend from Benj. Best, Sr. thru
son, Benj. Jr., along 3 different lines.
At the moment, I need info. on Absalum Best
son of John and Hannah above. All response
appreciated. Email me at jnmsmith3@aol.com.
Jim Smith

John Best Birthdate

Horace Fussell, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 8:14PM GMT
I am holding the Howell Best Bible in my lap at the moment. The first birth recorded is: John Best, Son of Howell Best, Prudence his wife, was born in the year of our Lord, 1797, December 29th.

Under marriages is the following: John Best, Sarah Brown, were married November 30th, AD 1820.

I have the birthdates of all eleven children, as well as the marriage and deathdates of Howell and Prudence, if you need them.

I descend from Howell's son Jacob. I live about 12 or 13 miles from Howell's home on Dark Branch. I inherited the Bible from my grandmother Fussell, who was a Best.

John Best/Sarah Brown, Howell Best/ Prudence

Posted: 2 Sep 2000 3:26AM GMT
I would love to have the dates you mentioned. I am a decendant of Jeremiah Best and Martha Fluellen Read. I would love to receive any info you have on this line. Please contact me at cydneik@yahoo.com. Thanks, Cyd

Best family

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 8:01PM GMT
Hi Jim, Sorry it took me so long to reply. Someone notified me of your message. I had not seen it. Please contact me at cydneik@yahoo.com. I would love to receive to info you have on this Best line. Hope to hear from you. Cyd

Rebecca Best wife of Fields

Edward L. Pope Jr (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 1:15PM GMT
Jim, I am convinced that my 4th great grandmother Rebecca Best came from Present Day Greene Co. NC old Dobbs Co. I have'nt been able to put her any family there as yet though. In your research have you run across any Rebecca Best that may have married a Bartholemew Fields in Darlington SC. I am at ropes end with end of my line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also Rebecca Best Fields son, Bartholemew Fields Jr married a Margaret Best who is b. 2-19-1854 and d. 6-27-1892. I have thought it may be his first cousin. It is also his first marriage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ed Pope jr...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions