Search for content in message boards

Ignatius Cambern (Cambron) m. Sarah Beall

Ignatius Cambern (Cambron) m. Sarah Beall

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 12:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Aug 2003 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Cambern Cambron Beall Hurt
Can someone help me out on the family of Ignatius Cambron [Cambern], who married Sarah Beall in 1806 in Washington Co., KY ?

I am descended from their daughter, Elizabeth, who married William W. Hurt on 21 March 1833, in Calloway Co., KY.

I have just enough undocumented bits from the internet to possibly go seriously wrong with this family <g>

For example, is this the same Ignatius Cambron who married Dorothea Mattingly in 1799 in KY ?

I have not seen any posting which identifies who the parents of my Ignatius were, either.

I *assume* my Ignatius is the younger man of that name listed in the 1810 Washington Co., KY census. If so, that household included four children: two boys and two girls, all under the age of 10. However, none of these match the ages I have found for Ignatius and Sarah's children, and I have not seen any posting for children of Ignatius and Dorothea Cambron ?

For that matter, I have not been able to find Ignatius in the 1820 KY census (or was he living somewhere else, say, Indiana ?)

Has anyone see the original marriage record (which I have only seen in transcribed form) for James Hurt married Sarah "Chambers" in Calloway Co., KY, 23 January 1833 - I *suspect* this is the marriage of Sarah (Beall) Cambern and James Hurt, but hesitate to leap to that conclusion.

As you can see, I have lots of questions.

I have scattered bits of data on the children and descendents of William W. Hurt (who married Elizabeth Cambern), which I will gladly share, and also a bit of data on Anna E. Hurt, daughter of James and Sarah (Beall Cambern) Hurt, and her descendents.

Thanks,

Bill Page
Bryan, Texas

Re: Ignatius Cambern (Cambron) m. Sarah Beall

Posted: 30 Apr 2011 4:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cambern, Bell,
Are you still searching for I. Cambern wife? We may be looking for the same person, but I'm pretty green at this.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions