Search for content in message boards

Valentine Magdalene Renner - Germany - MD.

Valentine Magdalene Renner - Germany - MD.

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 12:33PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:01PM GMT
They left Mannhiem or Dannstadt, Germany in 1732 - had 11 children. One named William, born in 1742. Settled in Pa. and Md. A Renner
descendant married an ancestor of Gen. Dan Sickles ( a hero of Gettysburg and friend to Abe Lincoln and who also killed Francis Scott Key's son. My greatgrandmother was Minnie Sickles Renner who was born in 1874.
The Sickles came from Amsterdam in 1623 with the Dutch colony that bought Manhattan from the indians. Anyone have more info on these?

Renners/MD

Posted: 3 Aug 2000 8:26PM GMT
Edited: 10 May 2002 2:34PM GMT
Sally I have a Great Grandmother Mary Renner Don't know much about her. I think she was born in 1870's, lived in MD, married Frank Germac by 1889/90 and they had 4 children. Would you have any info on Renners in MD that might relate to this Mary? Thanks BJ

Renners

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 2:21PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 3:01PM GMT
Mary Hafer married Wlliam Renner and had 5 children. That's the only Mary I know about.

Renner Family

Bette Adams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 7:19PM GMT
Was startled to see replys by a BJ since I am known as BJ also and have signed a couple of replies in this manner. Henceforth I will sign Bette to avoid confusion!

Renners/MD

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 7:58AM GMT
(From one BJ to another) Hi Bette, got your note, I use BJ for a bit of anonymity on the web (and at work because my dept head I have the same first name). Wish I knew more about my Great grandma Mary (possible middle name) Elizabeth Renner Germac of Baltimore MD but, I've not foumd much yet. Possibbly you aunt could help me? Thanks and best of luck in finding those ancestors.

Family

Amy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 10:30AM GMT
Bj I think my gggggrandfather married Elizabeth Neaus(Nuhs) Rennerwho might be mary Elizabeth Renner

Eliz. Renners

Posted: 3 Sep 2000 12:57PM GMT
Hi Amy - Here's what I know about my great grandma Mary (E) Renner. She must have been born abt 1870-73.(actual at unkn)She married Frank Germac abt 1888-90 possibly in Balto. MD. They had 3 children William b 4/10/91- my granddad Germac. and 2 daughters Flornce G Margaret M. They lived in Baltimore, Md 1920's - 40's. It would really be lovely to find someone else who knows of Mary her family. As the Germacs Renners are some of my Deadend families right now.

Renners/Neas's

Bette (BJ) Adams (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2000 11:16AM GMT
My family is intermarried with the Neas family of east Tennessee! Mt aunt who has all the research is elderly and has lost part of it or had it taken by someone. I am attempting to get information from her before she passes on. My greatgrandmother was named Elizabeth. Have you heard of the Tweeds in your research. My grandfather John was married to Mary Belle Tweed. Good luck in your research. I am just beginnging and barely know how to use the computer!
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2001 10:31PM GMT
Betty, you seem to be an authority on Renner history...maybe you can help me out? My great grandfather was John B. Renner, of Germany, who married Maude R. Sullivan, of Portsmouth, NH.

They had many children (my grandmother and great uncles and great aunts), including John, Gordon, Justin, Gertrude, Thelma, Mildred, Bertha, Katherine, Geneva, Frances, Jacqueline, Shirley, and Doris...all born, I'd guess, between 1890 and 1905, all in Portsmouth, NH.

This is the list that was left to me about 14-15 years ago, and all I have to work with.

I never heard any reference of their moving into the Tennessee area - primarily in the New England States.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Renners

BJ (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 7:07PM GMT
Mike, don't know if I replied to your message previously. I had only been researching two weeks and am completely new to computers. My aunt researched the Renner family for years. My infro comes mainly from Greene Co., Greeneville, TN. When Valentine and Magdalina Renner came from Germany they settled in PA, had ten/twelve children, spread into Virginia, MD, Texas and TN. I am attempting to put my research into some type of order and confirm it. I am sure that other Renners migrated and probably settled in other states. Valentine left children and relatives in Germany who may have migrated at a later date. I start in early 1700's. Keep in touch and I will share infro with you. BJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic