Search for content in message boards

Timmons from Nova Scotia

Timmons from Nova Scotia

Posted: 4 May 2000 10:32AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 1:05PM GMT
Patrick Timmons, my 4th gr-grandfather m. Marie Benoit in 1817 at Inverness, NS. He came from Ireland and was born abt 1780-90. They had 14 children many of whom moved to the US over the years, including my grandfather, Robert Ephraim Timmons. Looking at all the Timmons messages I am wondering if Patrick was related to the MD-DE Timmons in some way.

Timmons

Kevin Barry (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 6:36PM GMT
I have a Patrick Timmons and Maire Benoit in my tree but don't have any hard connections just alot of names. Let me know about your Timmons My great grandfather settled in Lawrence MA

Timmons in Nova Scotia

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 7:56AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 1:05PM GMT
Kevin Barry: Give me all of the information that you have on your grandfather and I will match it against my records. I have a lot of info on both the Timmons descendants of Patrick and the Benoit family. I know that at least one of my grandfather's sisters, he had nine, moved to Gorham, NH and lived there in early twenties. Give me your email address and will be glad to forward what I have. Don Timmons

Timmons

Kevin Barry (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 10:46AM GMT
Well what I have is that they had 13 children
that included Lillian, Frank, Josephine, Geneva, Charles, Laura. Josephine and Geneva were twins. He was married to Annie Arnold and Patrick accorrding to our records was born in 1875. We have a sketchy history tracing back to Benoit in NE Margree Nova Scotia but don't have anything making the link solid. My email is KevPBarry@aol.com Thanks
Kevin

Re: Timmons from Nova Scotia

Posted: 13 May 2003 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would also be interested in information about Patrick Timmons and Marie Benoit. I am gr grandson of Clara Timmons, dau of Robert Levi Timmons, son of Augustine Jeston Timmons, son of Patrick and Marie. My own research just goes back to Robert Levi Timmons (from Clara's marriage certificate), I have Augustine and Patrick from a questionable IGI and from what seems to my unknowledgeable judgement like a reliable web site (Edmund Rice Association, they are going to send me the source material); I have found much on the web about Marie Benoit's ancestry but have no idea how reliable it is. I have nothing at all on Patrick's ancestry.

Don Timmons (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2003 12:56PM GMT
Clara Timmons was older sister of my grandfather, Robert Ephraim Timmons. She was b July 8, 1873 in Inverness, Cape Breton, NS, Canada. She moved to Portland, ME and she died Feb 26, 1923 in Portland. She is buried in the Forest City Cemetery, South Portland, Cumberland, ME along with her husband, John A. Foster, her son, Fred Walter and dtr-in-law, Doris Holmes. There is also buried there Fred Walter, must be Jr.
Robert Levi and his wife, Esther Abigail Phillips, had 11 children, 9 girls and 2 boys.
I have extensive info on the Timmons NS line and will be happy to share it with you. I have previously given info to the Edmund Rice Assn, so that what you receive from I have given them. At the moment you should wait until you received info from them and then contact them. I have added more info to my files since uploading to them. The only info on Patrick is that he came to NS around 1817 and m Marie Benoit. His parents were Edward Timmons and Margaret --? both of whom remained in Ireland.
As far as the Benoit family is concerned there is a book "Histoire, Notes et Genealogie Sur La Famille Acadienne Benoit", by Louis Benoit. If you want a copy contact Louis at Louis Benoit
E-mail Address(es):
benoitlo@nbnet.nb.ca
He will give you the price and ask him to give you whatever supplemental info he has about Marie.
Incidentally, the Edmund Rice Assn is a very respected and very reliable group.
Since you are a Foster you must be a cousin. Well, you are going to find an extensive and interesting collection of ancestors who were instrumental in the settlement and development of New England and Acadia. Regards, Don

Posted: 13 May 2003 4:10PM GMT
Thank you, I didn't expect such a quick reply. Yes, the other Fred Walter would be Fred Jr. who died in 1979. His widow, Madalyn, died last October. The other children of Fred and Doris were Muriel Evelyn, Herman (my father). Ralph, and William. None are still living. I can share information about them and their children and grandchildren if you want it for your data. John and Clara had another son, Frank, who lived in California. I don't know anything about his family.

Ken Wilkie (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 11:08PM GMT
James I have the info that you are seeking.
I have close to 3000 decendants of patrick and Marie (Benoit) Timmons. Contact me if you have any Questions
Ken

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 5:35AM GMT
Surnames: Timmons M. Ford, Tuddle
Hello My Name is Kathy Jo Ford b.10/22/1964 I am a Descendant of Joseph (NMN)Ford b11/30/1922 d.04/14,1996 who is a descendant of Joseph Henry Ford b.07/05/1868 in Welland, Ontario, Canada and Migrated to West Virginia in 1897. He later died on )1/08/1944 in Saint Mary's West Virginia. He Married My Grandmother Rachel Dana Samberson. The Problem I am having is it is said that Joseph Henry Was the son of one Timmons M. Ford. Do you have any ideas as to where this might fit in to your line?? It was said that Timmons M. Ford married one Adaline Tuddle or Tuttle in Canada. Her maiden Name was Church, And they have another son one Peter Wesley Ford. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Kathy Jo Ford Katford1@columbus.rr.com

Posted: 18 Feb 2007 5:36AM GMT
Surnames: Timmons M. Ford, Tuddle
Hello My Name is Kathy Jo Ford b.10/22/1964 I am a Descendant of Joseph (NMN)Ford b11/30/1922 d.04/14,1996 who is a descendant of Joseph Henry Ford b.07/05/1868 in Welland, Ontario, Canada and Migrated to West Virginia in 1897. He later died on )1/08/1944 in Saint Mary's West Virginia. He Married My Grandmother Rachel Dana Samberson. The Problem I am having is it is said that Joseph Henry Was the son of one Timmons M. Ford. Do you have any ideas as to where this might fit in to your line?? It was said that Timmons M. Ford married one Adaline Tuddle or Tuttle in Canada. Her maiden Name was Church, And they have another son one Peter Wesley Ford. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Kathy Jo Ford Katford1@columbus.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions