Search for content in message boards

Looking for Florence May McDonald

Looking for Florence May McDonald

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald
I am looking for any information on my Great-Great-Grandmother Florence May McDonald. She was born in Whycocomagh between 1864-1869. Her parents are listed on her marriage certificate as John McDonald (Coal Miner) and Kate McDonald. I have been searching for her for years and keep coming up with nothing. I have searched census records and can't find her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for Florence May McDonald

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 8:00AM GMT
I checked my resources too and was able to find only her marriage record (if I found the correct one) and death record on the www.novascotiagenealogy.com site. That is if she married Joseph Muirhead. As the death record in 1909 indicates she was 45 then her year of birth would pre-date those birth registrations on-line at this site. I also checked census records and the only one I could find for a John McDonald household in Whycocomagh in 1881 did not have a Kate listed as the wife but rather an Ann, but the Flora was 15 so about the correct age. Other siblings were John, Angus, Lachlin, Donald, Johnny, and Annie. Is any of this of any help?

Debi

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 9:37PM GMT
Thank you so much for your reply. Thank you very much for the information you sent it was very helpful. She did marry Joseph Muirhead. That could possibly be her father, but I don't know if she had any siblings. Thank you for all help.

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 11:52PM GMT
Did Flora stay in Whycocomagh or move on?
I just finished tracing two separate MacDonald lines from the Estmere area down to Mira & Sydney Mines

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 12:26AM GMT
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Flora moved to Halifax. She is on the 1891 Census as working as a cook in a nurse's residence. In Halifax, she met my Great-Great Grandfather, Joseph Muirhead. She died in Halifax in 1909.

Posted: 16 May 2012 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: mac donald
Hi there I am Melinda (Mac Donald) Young My father was wayne mac donald n my Grand Father Was clifford Mac Donald From Florence Now i dont know to much about his family but i know the house on the corner of Park road n main st is were he grew up right next to the school drive way or should i say where he was born We r related to the Capstick clan n the Coakleys Not sure is this is of any help But i could ask my uncle if u need more info

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 12:53PM GMT
Debi you have added Florence Booth from my family tree and my greatgrandfather Joseph Booth can you reply and let me know where they are on your tree
kind regards thanks
Lorian
ps i cant contact you as ancestry wont allowme

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:56PM GMT
Hi Lorian,
I don't have Florence on my tree, but rather was providing some information for another member looking for details about her. I am not sure how you tried to contact me that wouldn't work through ancestry, but my direct email is debismith26@gmail.com if you have any other questions.
good luck with the search
Debi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions