Search for content in message boards

Mary Ann Beard Kirkwood b.1822, needlepoint sampler

Mary Ann Beard Kirkwood b.1822, needlepoint sampler

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary Ann Beard was born about 1822 and married David Kirkwood. a s/o David Kirkwood & Rhoda HARNEY, in Logan Co. OH in 1847. She made the needlepoint sampler in 1842 with a Biblical quotation beginning "Lord openeth the eyes ..." If someone wants the please let me know in 30 days. I'll send it for cost plus shipping.
Peter Wilson

Re: Mary Ann Beard Kirkwood b.1822, needlepoint sampler

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 7:40PM GMT
I have just acquired this sampler from a local resale shop. Could you please tell me the value of it? Can you also tell me who you sold it to, and for how much? Thanks in advance for this info. Regards, Dolores

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 1:41PM GMT
Dolores, I believe I spotted the sampler in an antique store in Minneapolis a few years ago and posted it so Kirkwood descendants could find it. Don't even recall the shop. Should have mentioned it. Glad you got it. If you google family trees you may find descendants who will cherish it. It might even be evaluated by Antiques Roadshow when they come your way.

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 2:56PM GMT
Thank you so much for your reply. I would like to sell this sampler, but have no idea what to ask for it. Do you have any idea? Or could you advise me in any way. Regards, Dolores

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 1:44PM GMT
Dolores, You might take a digital photo of the sampler & post it in several places. Somewhere there is a Beard or Kirkwood who would cherish it. Just a matter of contacting them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic