Search for content in message boards

Elmwood Cemetery, Rockford, Wright Co., Minnesota

Elmwood Cemetery, Rockford, Wright Co., Minnesota

Posted: 10 Jun 2010 10:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Will do "look-ups" for this cemetery if anyone is needing burial records/information. Debra LaFontaine debralafontaine@aol.com

Re: Elmwood Cemetery, Rockford, Wright Co., Minnesota

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 3:44AM GMT
I am so glad to see your post! I have a couple of family members that may have been buried there and I am very much hoping I will finally find them!
1) Don Douglas Ames 1858-1941
2) Mary Elizabeth Miller Ames 1837-1887
3) Jacob Ralph Ames 1827 - ?
4) Thomas Steele 1811 -?
5) James Miller 1801 -? he is probably not there but just in case
6) Peter Miller 1841-1862
7) Abbie Jean Miller-Eldred 1845-1884
8 Enoch Miller 1836 -?
If you have time for any of these, I will be most grateful.
Shelley Miller

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 7:29PM GMT
On page 19 of the old burial book is information of Lot No. 19, deed sold to J. R. Ames. There are 7 people buried in this lot: Annie Ermina Ames, died March 17, 1870, age 3 years; Mary E. Ames, died January 9th, 1881, age 49 years; Jacob Rolf Ames, died May 27, 1903, age 76 years; Don Douglas Ames, age 83 years, died September 11, 1941, buried September 13, 1941; Stella A. Strickland, died October 18, 1866, age 22 years, born January 18, 1844; David Case, died November 29, 1956, age 77 years; Elaine Baldwin, died (no further information is written for Elaine).

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 7:39PM GMT
On page 66 of the old burial book is information of Lot. No. 66, deed was sold to Thomas Steele. This lot is located by the street by a field on the west side. There are three people buried in this lot: Peter Miller, a soldier, died July 20, 1862, age 23; Abigail Denney Miller Steele, died July 24, 1885, age 78 years; Thomas Steele, died March 13, 1901, age 90 years, a soldier. I don't know if you need this information or not but I found Abigail Denney was born 3 April, 1809 in Livingston or Dutchess Co., NY. She married James Miller 23 January, 1830, Dutchess Co., NY. James Miller was born 30 October, 1801, Dutchess Co., NY. Abigail Miller married 2nd husband, Thomas Steele on March 19, 1853, Boone Co., Illinois.

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 8:09PM GMT
I read through all three volumes of the old burial records and found nothing for the surname of Eldred. As for Enoch Miller, there was a deed sold to an Enoch Milles, and this could be the same man. On page 76 are details of lot No. 76, with the deed being sold to Encoh Milles (Miller?)Buried on this lot are two infants: Eugene (cannot read the middle initial, could be an I or F?) Milles, died June 26, 1880, age 6 months. Note: this infant does show up in the 1880 census for the Enoch Miller household when this infant is 5 months old. Next child is "infant child of E. Milles", died July 16, 1880, age l month. (Unsure of the dates and correctness of the math with this entry?) There are other people buried in this lot who were sold individual deeds, with the last names of Mutterer, Lynde and Stork but am unsure if these people were related to Enock. According to others doing family research, Enoch and his second wife are believed to have moved up to Todd Co., MN.

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 8:45PM GMT
Wow! wow! Debra,
I am thrilled with all the information you have provided! I am very happy to find Abigail and Thomas there and I FINALLY know Thomas's death date. Also very excited at the possibility there is a marker for Peter Miller!
The Ames family - this info is wonderful to recieve. A volunteer looked for the grave of Don Ames for me and she could not find it. She found many other Ames graves who were not related. Very happy to hear that his mother Mary Miller Ames is there! I am perplexed as to who Stella Strickland, David Case and Elaine Baldwin are - I will be researching. (fun, fun) I did not know about little Annie Ermina Ames, glad to add her to the family tree.
The Eugene Milles (Miller) is definitely Enoch's son. I just reviewed the 1880 census taken on Jun 11 and it states he was 5 months old. So this has to be him.
I can't thank you enough for all this information!! You have answered so many questions for me. I think you have worked with Tim Budd who is researching the Denney family. He sent me a booklet he wrote with many pictures - and it has opened a whole new world for me as I knew nothing of my husband's Denney side. Are you related to the Denneys?
My email is shellstang2001@yahoo.com
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
Shelley Miller

Posted: 26 Jul 2010 8:47PM GMT
I just realized your email was posted. great!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic