Mrs. Erma (GARRISON) TEMPLEMAN

Mrs. Erma (GARRISON) TEMPLEMAN

Posted: 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 7 Dec 2001 5:12AM GMT
Surnames: TEMPLEMAN, BALTHIS, REES, BUNDY, GARRISON
IL State Journal June 7, 1974 page 34

Business Club Founder Dies

Mrs. Erma Templeman, 95, of Dirksen House, founder and first president of Springfield Business and Professional Women's Club and a former lawyer and school teacher, died at 9:32 a.m. Thursday at Dirksen House.
Born in Centralia, Mrs. Templeman Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, was graduated from Chicago School of Law, and admitted to the Illinois Bar in 1907. She and her husband, James W., also an attorney, practiced law here for 50 years before she retired following his death in 1955.
Mrs. Templeman was founder of the Springfield Business and Professional Women's Club in November 1919 and president of it for the first five years. She later became instrumental in forming the Illinois Federation of BPW, serving as state president from 1927-29. During her tenure she also helped organize the Taylorville and Jacksonville clubs.
A member of the First Christian Church, Mrs. Templeman was listed in Who's Who Among Lawyers as a practicing attorney and was in the first volume of Who's Who Among American Women to be published.
Surviving are one son, James Dale of Springfield; two daughters, Mrs. Elizabeth Balthis of Wilmington, Del., and Mrs. Veda Rees of Denver, Colo., one sister, Mrs. Elizabeth Bundy of New York City; six grandchildren, and 12 (?hard to read) great-grandchildren.
Bisch Memorial Home is in charge of arrangements.

/////
Transcriber's comments: Subject's maiden name was Erma Garrison. Her husband was James Willis Templeman.

Re: Mrs. Erma (GARRISON) TEMPLEMAN

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Erma Garrison Templeman is my great grandmother. I am having trouble finding information on her and her husband, James. Any help would be much appreciated. My e-mail is Thespartan1014@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions