Search for content in message boards

Theobald-Alexander-Haehl in Cincti 1847-1853

Theobald-Alexander-Haehl in Cincti 1847-1853

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Mar 2006 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Theobald, Alexander, Haehl
I am a descendant of George Michael Theobald Jr, who went into business with George Alexander about 1847-1852/3 at his 'Alexander Abboitoir'in Cincinnati, Hamilton Co. OH. This is the story that has been passed down. Both Georges married daughters of George Michael Haehl and all 3 families lived together accross the street from the business in a 10 room house that backed up to the Miami Canal.

Does anyone have any knowledge of any of this? I would like to confirm it and find the location of it. I did find Michael Theobald in 2 city directories, 1849 and 1851. In the 1849 one it said he had a 'meat store' which could
have been in the front of the Abboitoir. And, he was a butcher. It said it was located on the south side of Hamilton Rd, which I believe is McMicken today.

Thanks for your time,
Sharon
Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:03AM GMT
The only thing I could find was from Ford's History of Hamilton Co. OH

Jacob HEAHL was a Blacksmith and Wagon Maker in Avondale and had three sons; Jacob, Henry, and George. He was a respected member of the community and served on the Cincinnati School Board for 4 years.

Earl Ross

Re: Theobald-Alexander-Haehl in Cincti 1847-1853

Posted: 11 Jun 2004 8:20PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2006 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: Theobald, Mason
My Father's family lived on McMicken. His name is John H. Theobald, My grandfather's name was John Anthony Theobald and his Father's name was Nicholas Theobald. I can't find anything on Nicholas C. Theobald except he was born in Iowa abt. 1876. His parents were born in Indiana and he was married to Pearl Mason of Indiana.From what my father tells me Nick hauled ice. I don't know if this will help or not. I've never heard of another Theobald that owned a meat market that was related but, who knows?

Martha Jones (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 9:05PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2006 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Theobald, Haehl, Alexander
Sharon - In case you have not found information on this board,
Geoge Michael Theobald Jr. came to Shelby County, Indiana
after living in Cincinnati, Oh. George Michael Theobald, Jr. is
buried in Zion Cemetery in Shelby County, Indiana. We have
heard the stories about the meat packaging company and
that they lived on the canal. They had a child to drown while
living there, and decided to join the rest of the Theobald and
Haehl Families in Indiana. Many members of the families are
buried in the same cemetery. I am a great-granddaughter of
George Michael Theobald, Sr, and a great-great-granddaughter
of George Michael Haehl Sr. They all bought large parcels of
ground and cleared the same for their farms.
Please let me hear from you, I am interested in your lineage
and from the source. I will share the info that we have on their
early days in America. Martha Jones

Posted: 22 Jan 2006 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2006 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Bohlander, Haehl, Odenbach, Bales, Zimmer
George Michael Haehl, son of Barbara Bohlander & Jacob H. Heahl was born in Cincinnati in 1847 and left for Shelby, Indiana. His parents and a sister Caroline (Heahl) Bales m. Pleasant Bales in Indiana are buried in Cincinnati, Oh. Barbara Bohlander is my 2nd gr-grandmother's sister. I have a picture of Barbara and also a picture of Barbara (Haehl) Zimmmer. Do you know if the Haehl's stayed in Indiana?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted: 1 Mar 2006 2:37AM GMT
Chris, Yes, the George Michael Theobald family did stay in Shelby Co., IN for many years. When I grew up there during the 50's and 60's, most of them were still there. Of course, like most families today, they are spread over the US.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions