Search for content in message boards

looking for info about murder of James Washington Ross-1887

looking for info about murder of James Washington Ross-1887

Amy Ross (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a copy of the Hazel Green Herald from the day of April 6, 1887. In this paper is the article talking about the murder of James Ross. This was my great-grandfather. Would really like to have full copy of the article. Only have partial one right now. Please respond if you can help in any way.

Thanks,
Amy Ross

Re: looking for info about murder of James Washington Ross-1887

Posted: 16 Apr 2007 11:08AM GMT
I was wondering if this james ross was born around 1871

Posted: 19 May 2011 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Ross, Hampton
Hi Amy,

James is my great-great-grandfather! I have the front page from that day and would be happy to send it you...although since your post is 10 years old, you likely have found it by now. :)

His son James H J Ross, married Orlena Hampton. Their daughter, Elizabeth `Lizzie' Ross is my maternal grand mother.

Let's exchange information...because I really need some help with this `branch'. LOL!

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Amy Ross
This is really weird. I was just googling this again and found your post. I would still be interested in getting a copy of the paper and i can fill you in on my branch of the family.

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Ross
Hi Amy,

Well, a lot has transpired since my last post. I discovered that I had the wrong James Ross (and family) associated to my lineage. My James Ross was from Laurel and Rockcastle Counties, not Wolfe, but I'm happy to attach the article for you.

Happy Holidays
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic