Search for content in message boards

sallie mckinney

sallie mckinney

Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: mckinney
seeking any info on my grandmothers family...ancestors....sallie mckinney b.in1890s in greenup co..married george knowland and settled in clark co indiana..anything r/t mckinneys of greenup co will be appreciated...thank you
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2003 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: McKINNEY, THOMAS
It's possible your Sallie McKINNEY is granddaughter to Alexander (b. abt 1829) and Phebe (b. abt 1827) McKINNEY.

Alexander is listed in the 1870 Census in Greenup County, KY, as follows:
Alexander M. McKINNEY, b. abt 1829, VA
Phebe, b. abt 1827, VA
George F., b. abt 1857, WV
Mary H., b. abt 1858, VA
Catherine V., b. abt 1861, VA
Sarah Ellen, b. abt Dec 1861, VA (my ancestor; she married William H. THOMAS on 12 Feb 1876 in Carter County)
Nancy R., b. abt 1862, VA
Phebe F., b. abt 1865, VA
Alexander C., b. abt 1867, KY
Gordon F., b. abt 1869, KY

sallie mckinney

Posted: 6 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mckinney
this may well be my family line..but it would have to be alex b. in 1860s to work in right time frame...i will research this line of mckinneys...thank you..william

McKinney Family of Greenup Co., KY

Posted: 19 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: McKinney, Riffe, Hatfield
Hi Cousin! I happen to have an aunt who is the family historian, and has detailed records of the McKinney's of Greenup Co., KY, including several family bibles. I have a copy of her handwritten family tree, in which she mentions Sallie. I have the entire family line from 1826 (on the McKinney's) Alexander M. McKinney m. Phoebe Riffe Feb. 11, 1854, and their children, whom I believe someone else already listed for you, but then I have their spouses and children. I have ther Riffe's back to 1659 and the Hatfield's back to abt. 1600, (in case you didn't know, yes, the Hatfields of the famous Hatfield/McCoy fued, although only related, not participants, that I know of! This is in my aunts writing on the family tree, and I quote her, "My great grandmother Nancy McKinney, (no husband we know of) "received a letter from her father, Alexander M. stating that he was writing a letter for Salley. I seem to remember that name as one of her sisters, and could be a nickname for Sarah." Anyhow, I have been corresponding with her about our family, (no she isn't online). She is very meticulous, and seems to have many family bibles including the McKinney family bible.

Let me know if I can help you. Feel free to e-mail me.

Diana

Re: sallie mckinney

Pam James (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Knowlands
William,
I can't help you out with the McKinney's, but maybe you can help me out with the Knowland's. Floyd A. Knowland was my gr-grandfather. His brother was George O. Knowland according to an obituary I have. Their father was Grant Knowland. Floyd was a native of Underwood, Clark Co., according to his obit. At this point I'm lost! If you have any info you could share relating to any of these Knowlands, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks, Pam

george obediah knowland

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 4:09PM GMT
pam,george and floyd 's father was norville ulysses grant knowland........george was my grandfather.......i'll help all i can.......do you know the name of ol' obediah born 1810-died 1882 ( norville's dad)father?was it william and phobe?where do you live? mail me direct at MadArvin1@cs.com william

Re: sallie mckinney

Posted: 27 Jan 2003 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Knowland,
Hi, i am researching this family line, George Knowland and Sally Mckinney were my great-grandparents, they lived in Clarksville, my grandmother Violet lives in their old house. If i could help you any way i will, if you could help me, i sure would be pleased. Violet

Re: McKinney Family of Greenup Co., KY

Posted: 22 Oct 2003 2:40AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 10:02PM GMT
The Sallie McKinney that William is looking for is dau. of Richard McKinney and Mary Elizabeth Garrett b: about 1860 and had children: Mattie, Betty, Jessie and Sallie. who lived in Paris, Ky. I have a 1930 Paris Newspaper where her father, James Wesley Garrett died and gave the Garrett family tree back to 1700.

Babsy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2003 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Coffey(e), Ruggles, Chapman, Pierce, Osborne, McGlone
Are any of your McKinney line go over to Portsmouth, Ohio, just across the river. I think there are some there around the
Civil War era and I think before that too. I beleive there is an old McKinney house there where a pioneer cemetery is behind it, just beyond the Greenlawn Cemetery. Also, I think a McKinney was in the 56th OVI out of Portsmouth, which is what I would like to inquire about, as I have a young soldier in my Jones line that was under his command. Would like info on this. Thanks

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 4:31AM GMT
Edited: 8 Dec 2005 10:02PM GMT
Hi... I just got into this McKinney family by answering another query (Violet) thru the Garrett family which was mine. I just now found out that I am kin to the McKinney's thru George Wm. Clark who married Mariam Mckinney b: 1814 and they had a son Geo. Wallace Clark b: 1847 who had a dau. Lucy Clark who married Samuel Carr. Samuel Carr was a brother to my grandfather, Millard Carr. Their father Harvey Carr came from Portsmouth, Oh. (which was a surprice to me) The McKinneys came from Estill Co. and Powell Co. Ky. I don"t have any further info on the McKinneys but I will keep your query in my McKinney folder and will let you know if I find out anything further.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions