Search for content in message boards

Lynch Ire>Eng>Can>PA>NY

Lynch Ire>Eng>Can>PA>NY

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Lynch, Potts, West, Dodson, Berkheiser, Cassidy, Rogers, Finnegan, Connelly, Shelley, Cummings, Sheffield, Noonan
Joseph Lynch born in Dublin abt 1870 to Matthew Lynch & Elizabeth Finnegan. He moved to Yorkshire and emigrated to Canada with the Potts/West children in 1885. While in Canada, Joe married Emma Potts/West. They then went to Plymouth PA and then onto Brooklyn NY. Their children: Lucy, Mary, Thomas, James, Emily and Margaret.
Thank you in advance.

Lynch/Noonan

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 4:41AM GMT
My Lynchs are PA and Brooklyn NY. I really don't know about the Noonans. We believe NYC.

Lynch/Noonan

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2003 7:52PM GMT
We have Lynch's from Rochester, NY and Noonans from Mass. and Conn.

Re: Lynch Ire>Eng>Can>PA>NY

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Berkheiser
Hi -

I saw that one of the surnames you were looking for was Berkheiser. Could you please tell me how that name connects to your family? Thank you!

Gregory

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Berkheiser, Lynch, Potts, Shelley, Dodson, Kingdon/Kingdom, West
Charles Berkheiser was b Nov 14, 1875 in I believe England. He married my gt-gt-gt-aunt Amelia (Emily) Potts in Plymouth, Luzerne Co, PA around 1900. They had three daughters. Charles died in Plymouth in 1966.
Does he sound familiar?
Tracy

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 2:53AM GMT
I have Charles in my files and he was born in Pennsylvania, just like a large number of his Berkheiser ancestors. I don't really have too much information on his children with Amelia Potts. Can you fill in a few things for me? Thanks!

Posted: 6 Jul 2001 3:05AM GMT
Could you email me at TCAS808108@aol.com? I'd be happy to tell you what I know.
Thanks!
Tracy

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 4:24AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2006 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Potts, Kingston, Lynch, Luttman, Teese, West
Tracey, have you made any gains figuring out the Potts West Lynch Berkheiser "tangled web"? I've found Amanda Potts dob listed as July 1839 in Pennsylvania. I also believe her children to be Charles Potts, Florence Potts, Pauline Potts and Catherine Potts dob 1872 Philadelphia. Have you any additional information regarding possible connection between a Charles Berkheiser and an Amelia Potts? Could you list the children? Or, if you'd rather, just email me at rep1@mail.emcs.net .

It's been awhile since we compared notes. I sometimes think I just go in circles. What a hard family to find information on. I did find the 1900 census info from Plymouth Boro, Luzerne Co, PA which listed Richard Kingdom, his wife, Anna born in 1841, a daughter, Susan Potts b. 1876 in England, Amelia Potts b. 1877 in England, Jessie P. Potts (daughter) b. 1881 in England; another daughter born 1900 in PA, and a Lynch, Lucy grandaughter born 1889 in England.

Posted: 4 May 2002 2:55AM GMT
Tracy,

Charles Berkheiser was my UIncle. He waas born in Donaldson, Pa. Nov. 14, 1`875, died April 30, 1966. He was one of thirteen children born to Franklin Berkheiser, and SArah Jane (Hoy) Berkheiser. He had a son Charles .

WHB

Re: Lynch/Noonan

David Burke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2003 3:05AM GMT
Surnames: Burke/Bourke,Noonan,Sheehy,Ryan,Lynch
Burnt - I saw the message you posted about the Lynch/Noonan families in 2001, hope you're still out there. I am trying to figure out how my Lynch/Noonan are connected. I've noticed common we have a few common surnames. I saw where you mentioned a the last name of Hannon in one of youor msgs. When my Grandparents were married in 1919, in Chicago one of the witness at their wedding was a Michael Hannon. Then in the 1920 census taken in Chicago, it stated they were renting a home with a Timothy Lynch and his family. Also, alot of my Noonans settled in the east coast of the United states after emigrating from Ireland. As far as I know there are approximately 12 Noonan siblings: Mary,Katie/Catherine,Bridget,Michael,John,James,Madge/Margaret,Annie,Nora &Johanna (this is all of the names I know and they're not in chronological order. If any of this sound familiar, I would be happy to share what I know about the Noonan family. David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions