Search for content in message boards

FISHBONE AND CEDAR TREES

FISHBONE AND CEDAR TREES

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 7:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BELL., CANNON , DEES, FLETCHER, MOTT, NEWMANS, LORD
I AM RESEARCHING THE ABOVE FAMILIES FROM LAFAYETTE COUNTY, FL. THE FOLLOWING GIVEN NAMES ARE: WILLIAM M., ELIZABETH, LILLY (BELL)
ELIZA JANE, PETER, ELVA (CANNON).
DREW, THETIS, BERNICE, GLADYS ( DEES).
JOSEPH(FLETCHER)
WILLIAM L., ELIJAH, PETER FRANKLIN, MARY (MOTT)
GEORGE W., BECCA, ZEE, JOSEPH, MARY, (NEWMANS)
THE MOTT FAMILY LIVED IN THE FISHBONE SETTLEMENT FROM THE 1880'S TO 1910. THE OTHER FAMILIES WERE FROM MAYO EUGENE, AND DAY IN LAFAYETTE COUNTIES, FL. THANKS FOR ANY INFO. REGARDING THESE NAMES.

DIANNE (MOTT) ROYAL

Re: FISHBONE AND CEDAR TREES

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 11:43PM GMT
I have ALL of the persons you listed in my database. What info do you need? Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Posted: 29 Jan 2002 7:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bell, Cannon, Dees, Fletcher, Mott, Newmans, Lord
Michelle, I am interested in finding out the date of my great grandfather and grandmother's deaths. They are Elijah Mott, born in Fl. May, 1854 and Eliza Jane Cannon, born in Fl. Dec. 1856. Eliza Jane Cannon Mott, remarried before 1910 to George W. Lord. I need their death dates if you have them. Also, do you have anything on Elijah's parents? His father(name unknown) was born in Fl. and his mother, (name unknown) born in S.C., according to the 1900 Lafayette Co. census, Fishbone, pct. 5. On the Newmans side, I need to know what my grandmother, Zee Newmans Mother, Laura Fannie Newmans maiden name was. She was born in Fl. Aug, 1869.
Thank you for your reply,

Dianne Royal

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 3:29AM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2003 2:42AM GMT
Dianne....I am unsure of the dates of death for Elijah and Jennie, as I have been unable to locate their burial place. Elijah died between 1900 and 1907. Jennie married George Lord in 1907 and was still alive in 1920. She is not buried with George, as he was buried with his first wife. I can only assume that she is buried somewhere with Elijah, but it is not in Lafayette in Dixie Co. Elijah's mother's birthplace has been shown as SC and FL (not sure which is correct). His parents were Hope Mott and Elizabeth Daniels. Zee Newmans' mother's maiden name was "Morris" according to marriage record.

Michelle

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 7:33AM GMT
Michelle, Thanks so much for the information on Elijah Mott and the maiden name of Zee's Mother. Do you have the marriage date of William L. Mott and Zee Newmans? I have been able to make several connections with your help. My Grandfather, William L. (Will) and his brother, Frank worked in Fishbone, driving a team of horses or mules which loaded Cedar Trees that eventually made their way to Cedar Key for the manufacture off pencils. I now believe my Grandmother, Zee may be buried in the Fishbone area or in Summerville Cemetery. I hope to find out soon. Elijah Mott, son of Hope, may be buried in Sumter County, Fl. I have found a Hope Mot(spelled incorrectly) in the 1860 Census for him.

Thanks much,
Dianne

Posted: 4 Feb 2002 4:21AM GMT
William and Zee were married on 5 June 1910. I do not have a record for Zee at Summerville Cemetery, unless she passed within the last 5 years.

Michelle

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 6:41AM GMT
Surnames: Mott,Cannon, Simpson, Newmans, Bell, Tyson, Morris, Dees, Peacock, Fowler
Hello again. Thanks for the marriage date, as I have been searching for it a long time. Zee died in 1917, so that won't help as far as Summerville Cemetery, but I'm more inclined to the old Fishbone area, which I understand only has about 9 graves and very few headstones. My Father searched for her grave for as long as he lived. He was only 5 when she died but he wanted to place a marker on it. Do you find your database information in Lafayette or Dixie County courthouses or other sources? Let me know and I'll know where it would be best to visit first. Again, I'm ever so greatful for your assistance.

Dianne

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 4:57PM GMT
Hi.....actually I have been collecting materials for years on that area. I have transcribed all censuses through 1920, recorded cemetery info on my last visit there a couple of years ago, purchased books by Jessie Paulk, and purchased all materials available through the Dixie Co Historical Society (including 17 volumes of biographical memories and photos). I am a long distance member of the the Historical Society. To date I have a "connecting" database with over 89,000 individuals, of which 95% are in FL. Every time I travel to FL to visit my family, I end up dragging my girls through cemeteries and courthouses along the way : ) I like to take breaks and assist others when I need to refresh my thought processes, as so many people have assisted me through the years.
Contact the Dixie Co Historical Society, as I believe they are in the process of publishing a new cemetery record book.

God Bless,
Michelle

A. F. Barrs (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2002 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: BELL., CANNON , DEES, FLETCHER, MOTT, NEWMANS, LORD
MAY 15, 2002

I am kin to the Bell, Newman and Dees families of Lafayette County. I was born just northeast of Day Town Lafayette County FL on the farm of Oscar Marion Barrs and Bertha Lee Newman-Barrs. Grand Ma Barrs' parents were George Cross Newman and Lucy Virginia Grissman. Their farm was just west of Grand Pa Wilford Franklin Bell and Maude Annie Morgan-Bell.

There is a good deal of Bell, Morgan and Barrs history on USGenWeb.org Florida Lafayette County that may help. You can also contact me with specific queries...

A. F. Barrs, Coordinator
FL GenWeb Project
Lafayette & Columbia Counties
FL

albarrs@wfeca.net

###

Posted: 26 Jun 2002 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: Daniels, Mott
Elizabeth Daniels,b:ca1823, was the dau. of Abraham and Winifred Daniels. Elizabeth married Hope Mott,6Jun1844.
Where did they go after Alachua Co.Fl.,1850census? I'm researching Daniels and appreciate any help you can give me on Elizabeth and Hope Mott.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions