Search for content in message boards

The Bedells and Pedrick family of Long Island, New York

The Bedells and Pedrick family of Long Island, New York

Posted: 3 Apr 2002 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bedell, Pedrick, Clay
HELP!!!!

I have been doing the research on the various members of my family tree and have hit a wall. Does anyone have any information that might lead to filling in the gaps that I have.

Lorenzo Pedrick, son of Albert Pedrick and Alvina Bedell, married Ella Adelaida Bedell in about the late 1880s. That is correct the Pedrcks kept marrying Bedells. But I have had difficulty in tracking more then this basic information down. Can anyone offer me any kind of assistance? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Wayne R. Clay (great grandson of Lorenzo Pedrick and Ella Bedell)

Re: The Bedells and Pedrick family of Long Island, New York

Wayne Clay (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2002 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Bedell, Clay, Pedrick, Smith
I wanted to update and add some information to this announcement. My grandmother was Ruth Amanda Pedrick. She was one of 13 children. Her father was Lorenzo B. Pedrick. Lorenzo was born December 13, 1867 in Dix Hills, New York. He died on March 23, 1932 in Mather Hospital, Port Jefferson, New York. His parents were Albert Pedrick and Alvina Bedell. I have no dates or further information on Albert or Alvina at this time.

Lorenzo B. Pedrick married Ella Adelaide Bedell. Ella was born on December 5, 1872 In Hempstead, New York. She married Lorenzo on December 31, 1891. She died on June 11, 1942 in Holtsville, New York. Her parents were William Henry Bedell and Josephine Smith. Checking the 1880 census I know that William was born in 1852 and Josephine, known as Josie, was born in 1851. They also had a son named Henry I. Bedell. Living with them was Josephine's brother Clarence U. Smith. Clarence and William were both listed as being Marble cutters. Family photos show that the family worked as stone cutters and that they may have built a building in Sayville, New York next to the Starbucks that has the Bedell Stonecutter's and a date marked on it. Any further information on either of the Bedell branches of my family would be of great help.

Sincerely,
Wayne R. Clay (great-grandson of Lorenzo and Ella Pedrick.)

Don Wacaster (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: bedell, cooper, wacaster, waycaster, weckesser
Hi my grandmother was matilda etta bedell married harry b cooper i don,t know to much but do you have any bedells in south jersey i know my mother and gr mother did live in long island city during the early 1940,s i was born there if any bells go off please let me know i have a list of bedells from the 1800,s up i grew up in a foster home so don,t know to much my email is buffy42070@aol.com thankyou Don Wacaster.

Posted: 7 Dec 2006 6:10PM GMT
I know my grandmother was one of thirteen children. Although two never made it out of childhood and her sister Florence did not have any children of her own. Someone out there must be related. I know some went to New Jersey and at least one moved down and had a common law marriage in Florida. Does this help anyone?

Posted: 8 Dec 2006 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Bedell/Hollenback/Swartz
I have Bedell's in Hempstead, LI, but they were in the 1700's. My relative left there and went to NJ, his children were all born inPA, but by the 1870's he an most of his children had moved to Michigan. My Great grandfather was one of the few who stayed in PA. By the time your Ella was born, mine were in Michigan.

The Bedell's were among the first Dutch settlers in "New Amsterdam" and there were many.

Posted: 8 Dec 2006 4:21PM GMT
Thanks. It isn't easy to find all the information on this side of my family. I know they were a large group and just trying to find out where they all link up is not making it any easier.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic