Search for content in message boards

Bogle in St Thomas Jamaica

Bogle in St Thomas Jamaica

barbara Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bogles
to Michael Bogle & Howard D Clarke. My ggfather was Andrew Bogle( dob28.08.1882- 27.08.1927) m to Isodora Johnston in St Thomas Jamaica.Had 6 children my gmother was eldest Vivia Bogle.

Re: Bogle in St Thomas Jamaica

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 4:09AM GMT
My grandmother was Mary Johnston Bates, her mother was Cathrine Bogle from county Ruherglen Scotland. Could there be a connection Best Regards Mary Jane

barbara Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 11:23PM GMT
Hi Mary,
Ive always had a hunch that my ancestor Paul Bogle's family originated from Scotland. Do u know of him. Any of your line had connection with Jamaica.There is a large number of Bogles in St Thomas Jamaica we are all related. I wonder if a Bogle travelled to Jamaica and owned a plantation perhaps.
I'd love to hear from u. Sorry it took so long!
Barbara Campbell

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 11 May 2006 10:01PM GMT
I am writing regarding any information that you might have on Joseph or his brother Gladston, of which Joseph was my father. Joe was born in Kingston who came to England as a young man in the 1950s. He lived for a while in North Shields in the North East of England working on the dock yards. He met my mother in this and as a result of their relationship I was born in 1960.
I believe my father moved to the south of the country and married. Joseph Bogle perished at sea in the early 1960s. His brother Gladston also moved to south England perhaps to London. Any information you might have about my father or his family would be greatly appreciated as it would give me the chance to find out about the dad I never knew.

Your Sincerely

Keith Gladstone Woods

keith bogle (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2004 5:36PM GMT
Happened across this thread. Paul is also one of my ancestors. The majority of my family currently lives in Kingston with some here in Georgia. I would love to partake in any info that you may have.
Best Regards,
Keith

Posted: 6 Oct 2004 10:56AM GMT
Also happened upon this thread. I have two entries -
Grace Bogle, d jan 1826, m March 1801, John Smellie of Jamaica.
Michael Scott Bogle of Jamaica (b 1803 - 1810)
I can go back from these entries, but not forward. No need, not direct relatives.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 9:13AM GMT
Hello all, I am a decendant of PaulBogle my grandfather was Fernando Bogle origanally from St.Thomas

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 9:13AM GMT
Hello all, I am a decendant of PaulBogle my grandfather was Fernando Bogle origanally from St.Thomas

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 1:38AM GMT
My husband is from St Thomas in Jamaica & he told me about Paul Bogle, his name is Jason bogle & his parents are Evyone & Neville Bogle.

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 11:10PM GMT
Hi there
just checking if this is still you contact.

Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions