Search for content in message boards

Looking for relatives of Sylvester Isaacs Kentuckey

Looking for relatives of Sylvester Isaacs Kentuckey

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 9:40AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:37PM GMT
Sylvester Isaacs was my greatgrandfather. He fought in the civil war captain 14th Kentucky calvary co. E. Any relatives out their??? Maybe still in the Kentucy area.

capt sylvester isaacs

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 5:31PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2002 5:46PM GMT
sylvester isaacs was my great-great grand-
father. my father, ragan venable son of
emily scott, daughter of sylvester isaacs.
all buried with the exception of ragan, in
buck creek cemetary.

amended reply

Posted: 16 Aug 2000 5:36PM GMT
my father, ragan venable son of mattie (scott) venable, daughter of emily scott, daughter of sylvester isaacs.

Sylvester Isaacs

Posted: 17 Aug 2000 8:17AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 3:37PM GMT
Dear Linda, Thanks for the Information. I guess we are related. Emily Scott would be my grandfathers sister. My grandfather is Preston (Bud) Isaacs. Where do you live now and how old are you? I live in Mission Viejo, California. Would you like to know about the Isaacs out here? I would like to talk to you more. Please get back with me! Thanks, Don Isaacs

Sylvester Isaacs

Posted: 20 Nov 2000 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2001 12:41AM GMT
Don, I live in S. California and am Sylvester's first cousin, 5 times removed. Do you know of any planned Isaacs reunions? Nancy (erobin6886@aol.com)

capt sylvester Isaacs

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 12:15PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:54AM GMT
sorry just getting to you, but I just saw this while brousing and saw Don Isaacs, that is my name also I was born in Owsley Co. in 1931. My father was Whitley Isaacs his father was Henry Isaacs whos father was Sylvester Isaacs. I have heard of Ragan Venable however I do not think he was Emily Scotts son, Emily Scott was my greataunt. She was married to Blackwell Scott they had three sons named Sigsby, Connelly, and Lawson. Emily Isaacs and my grandfather Henry Isaacs married brothers and sisters thereby making their offsprings double first cousins. Contact me for further information at goggy000@yahoo.com
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 5:18PM GMT
Lori, found your message. This ancestry is new to me. No, Emily Isaacs(Scott was not my Dad's mother. Emily had three sons, Connelly, Sigsbee and Loston (not Lawson) and one daughter, Mattie who was my Father's mother. She died shortly after my Father's birth. I knew all the family very well. Both my parents are from Owsley Clounty. I spent a lot of time in Travellers Rest while growing up. I was trying to trace the lineage beyond Capt. Isaacs, but hit a stumbling block. Do you know anything? If I can help you with anything, please let me know.
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 8:28PM GMT
Linda please e-mail direct at goggy000@yahoo.com I may be able to help you with ancesty pryor to Slyvester Isaacs

CPT S. Isaacs ancestry

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 5 Feb 2002 4:12PM GMT
And if either of you two folk need any assistance in this, let me know at "aileanmor@aol.com"

Rodney Allen

additional information about your grandfather

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 2:40PM GMT
Linda,
Please contact me at goggy000@yahoo.com to discuss family connection.
thanks Don
per page

Find a board about a specific topic