Search for content in message boards

Summit County, Ohio Keplers

Summit County, Ohio Keplers

Kathy Funk (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kepler
I descend from John KEPLER and Magdalena KRAMER who were the first settlers in Green Twp., Stark (now Summit) County, Ohio in 1802. I would love to trade info with other Summit County Kepler folks.

Thanks!

Kepler

Carol Ferguson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Looking for the name of Kepler who married a MaryAnn Miller in Pennsylvania. Came to Ohio in the early 1800's. He drowned saving family from floot. Mary Ann lived near Radnor Ohio, outside of Columbus raised her 6 children in the area. I believe MaryAnn's husband name may have been Abraham since her frist son was named Abraham, I feel they lived in Pa and both Mary Ann and husband were born there. Husband's father may have been John. Sure could use help on this one. Please contact me if you know any thing to help. Willshare what I have on family. Thanks Carol

Keplers near Radnor, Ohio

Kathy Funk (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KEPLER
I have a copy of an article entitled "The Ancestry of the Ohio Keplers" written by Christopher Kepler and Walter Lee Sheppard that appeared in the Ohio Genealogical Report magazine in 1985 (Vol 25:3). In that article he has listed heads of households that are found on the 1820 and the 1830 Ohio census indexes.

For 1820, he lists a Benjamin KEPLER in Delaware County, Radnor Twp., on census page 119A.

For 1830, he lists an Abraham KEPLER in Delaware County, Radnor Twp., census page 104.

For 1830, he lists a Benjamin KEPLER in Delaware County, Radnor Twp., census page 103.

There is no mention of any other Abraham that I can find, nor any discussion of the migration of the Ohio Keplers. The article mainly deals with the family of brothers John and Andrew Kepler, who were the first settlers in Green Twp., in what is now Summit County.

The article does talk of various Kepler families in Centre County, in Schykill County, and Berks County, Pennsylvania-- so you might want to try looking at those counties for more info.

Wish I could be of more help! These Keplers have a tendency to be a little confusing, with the German naming pattern that they follow.

KEPLER & Moore in OH

Posted: 3 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: KEPLER, MOORE
I'm looking for FRANCES KEPLER b. ca 1825 in OH. According to family members, she was an orphan "reared by a wealthy family." In about 1845, Frances married JOHN GODFREY MOORE b. ca 1813 in PA (could be Berks Co?) but this marriage date is based only on the 1870 Coles Co., IL census listing showing dob of son William b. 1846 in OH. The youngest child of Frances and John MOORE was born in 1865 in OH, so this couple left for IL between 1865-1869. Frances and John's daughter Mary Alice MOORE was b. 1854 "near Columbus, OH" - Pickaway Co., OH has been mentioned by family members, but I don't know if that is correct. Mary Alice Moore married David B. WELLS in 1869 in Coles Co., IL.
Living with them in the 1870 census is
David Wells 31 KY Farmer

Alice 17 OH Keep House
Potts, Marion 22 OH Labor
Merriman, Sarah 21 VA Domestic

ANY help, advice, hints, etc you might have on this search for FRANCES KEPLER (also trying to find the couple John and Frances Moore with children in 1860 OH census) would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS, Peggy Sue
pwilson411@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/pwilson411/indexe.html

Re: Summit County, Ohio Keplers

Posted: 17 Apr 2008 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Kepler, Cramer/Kramer
We are also related to the Kepler's in Green Twp in Ohio.
Andrew Kepler m. Mary Cramer/Kramer who is a twin sister to
Magadelina Cramer/Kramer, m. to John Kepler.
I now live in Canton, Ohio and lived in Green Twp. I would like to share information.

Re: Keplers near Radnor, Ohio

Posted: 1 Aug 2008 9:21AM GMT
My name is Christina Teibert I am from Austria/Europe.
I am relative to some Kepler´s, who life in Ohio. I know that this this family moved to USA in the 1940 or 1950. Same names of this Kepler´s are the following: Magarethe Kepler and her husband (I don´t know his name)and two of there children Robert Kepler, Magdalena Kepler.
It would be great to hear some informations about them, if there are some.
Thanks and many greats from Austria
My e-mail adress is the following; kondviramur@gmx.at

Re: Keplers near Radnor, Ohio

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 6:28PM GMT
Christina,

I don't think I can help you regarding the Keplers because
I don't know the name of a single one.

I had a cousin a couple of generations back who was reported to have married a Kepler, but I have never been able to determine a complete name.

Sue Crane of Santa Cruz, California was reported to be a Mrs Sue Kepler in her father Nelson Crane's obituary in 1933. I have been unable to determine anything about Mr. Kepler.

Sorry I couldn't be of help, but I do wish you great success in your search.

Jack

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions