Search for content in message boards

Emma Mantooth ,Will Taylor of OK & AR.

Emma Mantooth ,Will Taylor of OK & AR.

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 8:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2003 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Mantooth,Taylor
I am searching for information on one Emma [Mantooth ]Taylor born 1894 ,and William H. Taylor. Both born in AR. Lived for a time in Choctaw Co.Oklahoma. They were on the 1920 census in Choctaw and on the 1930 census in Pope County Arkansas.They had children Ola,Corda,Pleas,Ethel,Florence,Rosalee,Jessie,Susie?,Neta or Nota?,James all before 1930 after 1930 there were at least two more children Jerry, and Loretta [Reta]. Emma had a sister Elizabeth [Lizzie] Mantooth whe married a Charles Harris in Paris Texas,they lived in Choctaw Co Ok. Emma also had a brother William Andy Mantooth that live in Hugo,Choctaw Co.Her parents were Lewis Mantooth of Arkansas and Mother was Sarah White. They were indian. I would like to find informatio on when Emma and Will died and where. Lizzie Harris,sister of Emma Taylor raised two of her children,Jerry and Loretta [Reta]. This is the family of my stepson [son of Loretta Taylor] and I would be most greatful for any help.
Thanks,
Bessie Linn

Re: Emma Mantooth ,Will Taylor of OK & AR.

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 7:22PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 12:27AM GMT
Surnames: Mantooth, Hindman, White
Hi,

I have Emma Mantooth deceased Nov. 6 1929 in Enloe Texas.
I have her Dad Lewis Mantooth and he married 3 Women.
Emily Hindman and Sarah White and 3rd Prudence.
I also have Lewis and Prudence as the parents of Emma.
I have no proof but this is what I copied off a site that no longer exsited.
I have Lewos and Sarah's children as follows:
Celia Victoria Born 1888
Elizabeth Born 12/22/1895

I do know that My Emma Mantooth was Daughter of John and Mary Mantooth. She travled to Ark. and Ok.
She married William Morris Bryant. This is on a Creek rolls that was denied . I'm tring to get copies of the court records because they are supposed to go back 7 generations for the Judge to proove there Indian.

I hope this helps.
Malinda

Posted: 9 Feb 2003 7:48PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2004 8:36PM GMT
Thank You Malinda,but the Emma I am searching for had to have died after 1935 because her daughtor Loretta was born 1934-35 according to her marriage lic. Emma was married to a Taylor as that was Loretta's name. I will keep looking there has to be information out there somewhere.
Again Thank You, Good Hunting,

Bessie Linn

Posted: 10 Feb 2003 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2003 12:27AM GMT
HI ,

I would like to know when you get new info so that I may update my records.
I have 89 pages of the family tree and lots of other info.
This Lewis that I said married 3 women was born:
Nov. 19 1852 in Cocke County Tennesse.
I have ordered Cocke County TN book of history that has Mantooth names in it. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I do know that most of them went to Texas and some in Ok and Ark.
If you find anything on Emma Florence Mantooth who married William Morris Bryant please let me know.
They lived in Cocke County TN and Garvin County Chickasaw Nation in 1900 and also Baxter Co. Ark.

Thanks.

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 8:56PM GMT
I have Wm. Andy Mantooth who married Ava Taylor, very little info. please email me at janpeoples@yahoo.com

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 2:43AM GMT
I believe you have a couple of them mixed up. Mary Mantooth, daughter of John Mantooth (1789) married William Morris Bryant. They had a daughter named Emma Flora (Florence?) Bryant who married a Richard Calvin Lyles. They applied and were turned down. I have Emma as dying 1929 in Enloe Texas.
The Lewis Mantooth I have married 3 women; Emily Hindman, Sarah White and Alice Hice, plus possibly a 4th named Mary.
Lewis and Sarah had an Emma, Delia Victoria, Elizabeth and Laura. Lewis and Emily had the William Andy Mantooth.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions