Search for content in message boards

Wood Family in Jay Co., Redkey In.

Wood Family in Jay Co., Redkey In.

Posted: 30 Oct 2003 10:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to find the birth dates of

Isaac Wood DOD: 1834 buried in Powers Cemet. with wife Delilah Anderson/ Davidson ? Do you have any other info on this couple?

they had a son Thomas Wood B: 7-21-1859 D: 4-13-1900 wife Laura Nibarger. Would like an obituary or death record for Thomas who is buried in Powers Cem. Have not been able to locate Laura's grave, does anyone know where that is located? I know that Isaac's parents were John Wood B: 11-2-1813 poss. Pa. D: 12-22-1887 buried in Powers with wife Elizabeth Landess B: 1-10-1814 D: 4-19-1893 buried beside John in Powers Cem. Jay Co., In. Who were their parents? Thank you for any help in finding them.

Re: Wood Family in Jay Co., Redkey In.

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 4:50AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2004 5:58AM GMT
The father and Mother of Elizabeth Landess is Felix Landes AND Sarah Ockerman.

Posted: 16 Jan 2004 5:07AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2004 3:12AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Landess, Davidson, Nibarger, Smith
Bob, Thank You so much for your reply. Are you related to Felix Landes or Sarah Ockerman ?

Robert L. Cummings (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 1:59AM GMT
Yes Felix and Sarah are my 3rd Great grandparents thay are intruned in Fasher about 5 miles from Redkey Indiana.

Rosalee Harper (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Landess, Davidson, Nibarger, Smith
Thank You for the reply on Felix and Sarah Landess. I greatly appreciate the information, and can now try to gather more on them.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2004 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I am researching the Wood family. Isaac and Delilah had a daughter, Della. Delilah died in Upland, IN. She lived beside her granddaughter and her husband. Her death certificate says she is buried at Powers Station Cemetery. I am trying to find out where Edward and Charles are buried. Edward was the only one of the family to attend Della's funeral. He lived in California. I am just beginning my research. Anything you have on the Wood family would be appreciated.

Posted: 8 Nov 2004 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Wood~Landess~Davidson~Nibarger~Smith~Young
Judy, I have sketchy at best information on this part of my Wood family but here is what I have: Isaac Wood B: 1834 OH
M: 9/14/1858 Highland Co., OH Delilah Davidson B: 10/18/1839 OH. Father: Jacob Davidson ( Davis) on her death certificate. Children:
1.Thomas Leroy B: 7/21/1859 D:4/13/1900 Powers Cem. Jay Co., IN.
2. Elizabeth B: 1861
3. Charles B: 1864 D: 1/23/1958
4. Isaac B: 1865
5. William B: 1867
6. Mary E. B: 1868 D: 1951
7. Delly B: 1872 D: 1961
8. Alberton B: 1/12/1874 D: 1896 Powers Cem., Jay Co., IN
I have a death certificate for Delila, copy of cem. record for Alberton and pictures of the gravestones for Isaac, Delilah and Alberton. but that is as much as I have for documentation on this part of our family. Any information you can add would be greatly appreciated and I will gladly share all I have on descendants as well as what I have on Isaac's and Delilah's anscestors. I live appr. 50 miles from Jay County and can research there and do when I can, will be glad to continue on. Best regards.. Rose

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2004 10:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wood(s)
Rosalee,
Thanks for your information. I have photos of William, Edward and Della. I would be glad to meet you some place in July to exchange informationa and photos. My mother lives in Marion, Grant County, Indiana. I live in Houston, Texas. Please e-mail me directly at: janderso@houstonisd.org and we can exchange more information.
Thanks,
Judy Anderson

Posted: 10 Dec 2013 7:09PM GMT
I know this post is a little old, but I recently discovered that My GG grandfather, William J Wood, is the son of Isaac and Delilah. According to the records from Indiana Marriages for Jay County, William's father is listed as Isaac Wood, and his mother is listed as Delilah Stephens.William married Viola Lamb on July 31, 1884. the attached document shows the marriage information for William and Delilah.

I am finding several records of an Isaac Wood and a Delilah Davidson, but nothing with Delilah Stephens except for the official record from Jay County Indiana. I have a couple of photos of William, and Viola.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic