Search for content in message boards

Bud Parish/Parrish

Bud Parish/Parrish

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parrish, Parish, Ward
I am looking for information on Bud Parish/Parrish. He was born ca 1871 (according to his obit), and left a unknown wife & 4 unknown children at his death in Tildon, Webster county, Kentucky on January 23, 1936, it states he was 65 years of age. It says he was buried in Yates Cememtery, but I have been unable to locate this cemetery.
I've found a Bud Parrish married to Caroline in Dixon, Webster, Kentucky in 1930 with 2 step children, William and Luvina Ward.The only problem is this Bud was born ca 1860 according to the census, making him 70, and Caroline is listed as only 30 years of age. I'm thinking his age on the census was a typo. I can find no other Bud Parish/Parrish in Webster county.
Does anyone have access to the actual census record and can see if it states 70 years or the right age of 59/60?
I know Bud and Carline Ward were married in 1927 in Webster county, can anyone find a death record for her, or if she remarried after Bud's death?
Any help would be great!

Twyla

Re: Bud Parish/Parrish

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 7:42PM GMT
The census record clearly reads 70 for Bud and 30 for Carolyn. It furthers states his first marriage was at age 18 and Carolyn's at age 25.

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Parrish, Parish, Ward
Only one problem with this. If Carolyn/ Caroline was 30 in 1930, that means she was born ca 1900, which means she would've married the first time ca 1925. This cant be right what with her two children being born before 1920, unless her age is wrong. Lets say, if she was 25 at the time of her first marriage, that would've made her roughly 26 when she had her first child, making her ca 26 years of age in 1917. Making her 39/40 in 1930, making her real birth ca 1890. It seems this census has many incorrect components on it.
This leads me to believe that either the children's birth dates or Carolyn/Caroline's birth is wrong. Though if the children's births are wrong, that could be why I can't locate either of them in the 1920 census, but if she was born ca 1900, married first ca 1925, how did she have 2 children and get married again in 1927?

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 2:44PM GMT
Maybe this will help

Kentucky, Birth Index, 1911-1999
about Luvena Ward

Name:

Luvena Ward

Date of Birth:

28 Mar 1921

County:

Henderson

Mother's name:

Caroline Stone

Volume Number:

Certificate Number:

Volume Year:

Obituary: Louvenia Ward Stone
Last Name: Stone
First Name: Louvenia
Middle Name/Initial:
Maiden Name:
Date of Death: 03/06/1994
Birth Date:
Spouse: Buck Stone
Survived By: Daughters -- Betty Lou Stone and Brenda Jean Montgomery
Brother -- William Ward
Niece -- Louise Ward
Other: Age -- 72
Residence -- Dixon, Kentucky
Place of death -- Madisonville, Kentucky
Preceded in death by her husband, Buck Stone, in 1977.
Cemetery: Kelley Shelton Cemetery, near Sebree, Kentucky
Obituary Source: Henderson Gleaner
Source Information: March 8, 1994; p. A2
Obituary File:

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 5:40PM GMT
This may be your Caroline

name:

Caroline S. Ward

event:

Death

event date:

05 Sep 1954

event place:

Dixon, Webster, Kentucky

Female

estimated birth year:

father:

Jim Stone

mother:

Pricella Stone

volume/page/certificate number:

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 8:05PM GMT
Is Bud aka Bartlett A? If so he was married to Kate Yates in Webster County KY and appears with her in the 1900 census.
These are the marriage index for Bud & Bartlett A in Webster County:

YATES, KATE PARISH, BARTLETT 1892 WHITE 15 265
WARD, CAROLINE PARISH, BUD 1927 WHITE 35 56

Katharine Yates Parish (spouse to Bud) died Mar 8, 1927 in Webster County, KY.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 5:35AM GMT
Surnames: Parrish, Parish, Ward, Yates
Thank you so much for the info you've posted so far. I have muddled with the option that Bud & Bartlett are one & the same. As we have sources that Bud had a son named Sol, born July 4, 1879 in Kentucky. It was passed down through the generations that Bud bore Sol, who bore Starlin, who bore the rest of the Parrish line I am following. This line has been a very interesting, and frustrating, line to follow, as there was once a photo of Buds headstone, and it clearly stated "Bud", but it's very possible that Bud was a nickname, or he used it because he hated his real name. Sol's full name was possibly Solomon, but this has not been proven. Sol is what appears on his headstone as well. Finding this family in the census' is a real challenge, as Sol can be transcribed incorrectly in so many different forms, we can't find him in 1880. In 1900 there is a Solomon, born July 1879 in Kentucky living with his parents Bartlett A. and Kate. The only problem with this is, is that if the obit I have for Bud is correct on his age, then he was born ca 1871, making him only 8 years old at the time of Sol's birth. So either the obit is wrong on the age at death, or I have an obit for another Bud Parrish who died in Webster county, Kentucky. The reason I wonder about this is because the obit states he left a wife and 4 children. Ok, we know he helped raise the 2 Ward children, and let's say Sol, so there's 3. Where's the 4th child?? And if Bud and Bartlett are the same man, then why aren't his 2 Yates step children listed in the 1900 census listed in the obit? Unless 1 is the 4th child and the other has since passed away. So many questions and not enough answers! lol

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 2:38AM GMT
You didn't say if you have Sol's obituary or not. This is on the Webster page. Have you been to the courthouse to see what the two marriage records have about Bud / Bartlett?

Soloman Parrish of Dixon Dies.
Soloman Parrish, 79 of Dixon, died at 10 a.m. Saturday in Cardwell
Hospital in Providence.
Surviving are four sons, Roy and William of Dixon, Starling of Waverly,
and Fred Parrish of Henderson; and ten grandchildren.
Funeral services were held at 3 p.m. Sunday at Tapp Funeral Home in
Dixon, with the Rev. Nealey Pearch officiating.
Burial was in Oak Grove Cemetery, Dixon.

The Journal-Enterprise
Providence, Webster County, Kentucky
Thursday, July 17, 1958
used with permission

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 3:32AM GMT
Do you have Starlin's obituary? It is in the Henderson County Public Library Obituary Finder at

http://www.hcpl.org/evanced/genealogy/obitview.asp?iTens=2&a...

I have found Soloman in the 1910, 1930, & 1940 census records. Do you have them?

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 4:34AM GMT
In your first post you asked about the location of Yates Cemetery. I have checked the Webster County Cemetery Books and found that Yates is apparently also known as Stone Cemetery. Stone is listed on page 29 of Book #4 and Yates is on page 7 of book #5. They list the same graves for the most part. The Stone Cemetery listing gives the Caroline Stone Ward information I included in a previous post.

Book #4 gives the location as in a wooded area off Wannamaker-Parker School Road. Book #5 gives these directions:

At junction of 1191 and 2839 (off 41 A) travel east on Hwy 91 1.8 miles, turn right (south) into field on Ivan Russell Farm. Travel along ditch .03 miles to woods turn left approx 50 feet and cemetery is approx 25 feet into woods.

Good Hunting!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions