Search for content in message boards

Kennedy of Killyleagh, Co. Down NIR 1790-present

Kennedy of Killyleagh, Co. Down NIR 1790-present

Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2001 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY
Looking for relatives of David KENNEDY of Killyleagh (approx. 1796-1857). Information needed on parents, siblings, children and descendants. 1796 to present.
Also wish to contact descendants.

agnes kennedy (brown)

Posted: 3 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy
i am looking for decendants or forfathers of agnes kennedy born and lived in killyleagh co down . married a alexander brown and had two children william and margaret ( poss Maureen) any info would be greatly appreciated..

Re: Kennedy of Killyleagh, Co. Down NIR 1790-present

Posted: 14 Sep 2001 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 14 Sep 2001 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY
Mike: I have a David Woods Kennedy born in Kilclief, County Down, Ireland (a few miles from Killyleagh) whose parents are believed to be William Kennedy and Mary Woods. DWK was born about 1818, later than the David Kennedy you are seeking, but is it possible he and William Kennedy were brothers or in some other way related?

John E. Bartos

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2002 3:05PM GMT
Relationship is possible but I have no proof/hint/lead to verify that possibility.

In my David's family there is a William among his sons. His wife is supposedly from Downpatrick, which is closer to Kilclief than Killyleagh,
My David is rumored to have been born in Scotland. Then he came to county Down (possibly via Kilclief then Downpartick then Killyleagh ??? ) Who knows.
I am trying to build a database of Kennedys from County Down. If you have any names, dates, locations events or relationships, I would appreciate the information to add to the database.

Posted: 18 Jan 2003 3:38AM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2003 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY, WOODS
Hi Mike:

I have made some progress since my last message. I have learned the parents of our David Woods Kennedy are William Kennedy and Mary (Woods) Kennedy. Presbyterians who were in County Down, at Kilclief, in the early 1800s. Let me know if this fits with your research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic