Search for content in message boards

Tempo area, County Fermanagh

Tempo area, County Fermanagh

Posted: 18 Jan 2004 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2006 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Howe, Elliott, Thompson
I'd like to hear from other folks who are researching families from the Tempo area. I'd like to learn more about the family names you are researching and the resources you've tapped into.

Also, I recently obtained a photo of the Tempo Parish Church (Church of Ireland). I'll happily share copies.

Thanks!

Re: Tempo area, County Fermanagh

Posted: 5 Feb 2005 1:27PM GMT
Surnames: hamilton and little
hi deborah
i know its been a year since you posted
your msg but i have just started my irish side but havn't got very far yet my names are hamilton and little from mullyknock,in the district of tempo and i was wondering if anybody got back to you about these names?? also could you possibly point me in the right direction of some good web sites and also did the irish have census's at the same time as the english if not could you enlighten me please thanks for reading kim

Posted: 19 Feb 2009 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: Mills, Foster
Hi,
My ancestors are from Tempo. James Mills married Elicabeth Foster 1878 in Tempo Parish Church (I have a picture. They are both buried there along with two of their daughters. Their son, my grandfather moved to western Canada. There isn't much on Tempo, I'm guessing because it is a small town but I would like to know if the Primary School they would have attended has any records, and how one would determine where on Main Street they lived. In the 1901 Census, I have their home at 27 Main Street, Tempo.

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 8:34PM GMT
I have been trying to find information for a relative who lived in Tempo. Tillie Toland was a Protestant and born about 1928. I'm not sure if she is still alive or if she has any living family. She is also related to William James Smyth who was born in 1866. William's wife was Mary Anne. Do you have any info in your records for Tempo area of Ireland. Marilyn meacct@gmail.com

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 1:31PM GMT
For a birth as recent as 1928, you may need to check with GRONI for a birth cert. Births post 1921 in Northern Ireland are not on-line. You either need to go in to GRONI and search yourself (£14 fee which includes 2 free readovers) or pay them to search for you. (£6 per 5 year period searched, plus the cost of the certificate). A birth in Tempo should have been registered in Enniskillen register office, so you would probably want to focus on those registered there.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/gro
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions