Search for content in message boards

Walter Sylvanus Parsons

Walter Sylvanus Parsons

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 12:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parsons, Syphus
I am looking for any information on Walter Sylvanus Parsons or ant other of the Parsons (George, William, Martha Syphus Parsons and many others). Walter was an immigrant from England in 1886 to Salt Lake, he only shows up, as far as I can tell, on his son George's Death Certificate in 1888. After that him and his wife Lucy Ling disappear from Utah and other records. When this occurs their three children (William, Madeline Rose and Louisa) wind up in St Ann's Orphanage/Kearn's Home where they are found in 1900. From this you can tell there are many holes so any information is good information.

Re: Walter Sylvanus Parsons

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 6:27PM GMT
Thanks for that bit of info Andrew. I found the Census for the orphanage but its really really hard to read so I couldn't read the name of the orphanage.

Do you think that Lucy was her mother or a stepmother?

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 3:16AM GMT
Lucy Bingham Parsons
Place of death: Salt Lake City, 1181 S. 9th E.
Mortuary: Deseret Mortuary
Funeral Director: Fry
Buried: Salem City Cemetery
Widow of George Parsons
COD: Cerebral Thrombosis (heart disease and hypertension)
b. June 15, 1858
d. Feb 15, 1940
Age 71 yrs.

Birth: 12/17/1870
Death: 1/31/1919
Burial: //
Place of Birth: Burmingham, England
Place of Death:
Cause of Death:
Grave Location: Salem City Cemetery , BLOCK 4, LOT 3
Source: Sexton / Grant:
Emma Sheen Parson (Mother)
John Parson (Father)
Lucy Bingham Parson (Spouse)
Parents: Augustus Bingham b. Canada
Mary Ann Thorne b. New York

George Parsons death info

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 3:18AM GMT
I apologize, the second death/burial record is for George Parsons, h/o Lucy.

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 4:16PM GMT
Dear Andrew

Walter was actually baptized Sylvanus Walter Parsons at Leafield, Oxon., on 27 August 1860, and was my 6th cousin 2x removed, his parents being George Charles Parsons and his mother Martha Maria SYPHUS. I can help on his ancestry, and siblings, but did not know that he had emigrated to the USA. Presumably his parents and the entire family emigrated, because they don't appear in the UK censuses from 1891 onwards.

Kind regards

Keith

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 5:08PM GMT
Keith,

It is great to hear from you, I have been trying to find additional information on Sylvanus/Walter for a long time now. I think I can help fill in some gaps that you may have.

George and Martha emigrated to the US around 1882. Sylvanus married Lucy Ling and emigrated on the ship Nevada around that same time. It is a little tricky to track them all across the ocean because they did not all travel together.

They were last recorded in Salt Lake City, Utah and after that Sylvanus and Lucy disappeared and the kids were left in an orphange. This is were I am lost at trying to find out what caused them to vanish and the kids to be placed in an orphanage.

I was able to find some information on George's parent: George Parsons and Priscilla Bridges and after that I am lost. Martha Syphus' line I have been able to find more information on.

Any help that you could offere would be appreciated and I will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks for contacting me and hope to hear from you soon.

Andrew
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions