Search for content in message boards

Mt Pleasant Cemetery,Bourbon Twp

Mt Pleasant Cemetery,Bourbon Twp

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for the grave of Emma Thompson, Fultz.

Her obit says she died Dec 7, 1953 and was buried at Inwood, Mt Pleasant Cemetery. Her parents are buried there as are a few other family members. I have looked at Tombaugh's Marshall County Cemeteries, and found her other family, but no mention of her name.
I have contacted the person that is the sexton, but they didn't return any calls, nor did the Trustee.

Anyone have an idea. I have a feeling she is buried with her parents David and Margaret Deveny Thompson, they are behind the church and have a huge stone.

Re: Mt Pleasant Cemetery,Bourbon Twp

Posted: 4 Dec 2010 7:33PM GMT
I searched the Marshall County Museum Genealogy Library and did not find a thing for her. Who was her husband? What was her date of birth? I looked in the Bourbon News Mirror after the date of her death and did not find an obit.

Jerry Eby
Plymouth, IN

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 5:47PM GMT
Emma Thompson Fultz-b.Feb 13, 1864 d.Dec 5, 1953 in Fulton County. I have an obit, that says she was buried in Mt Pleasant Cemetery. I just can't get an answer from the sexton as to where she is buried at the cemetery. There is a marker for her parents, David and Margaret Thompson, and is is a large plot. They are on the south side of the church. Her grandparents were, Julia A and Timothy F Deveny and they are buried in the "old" section as well as a couple of Emma's siblings. I just need confirmation of where in the cemetery she is. There is a family member that wants to mark her grave.

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 2:45PM GMT
I grew up in that church. Are you still looking for the grave? I have some family at that cemetery. I know the "old" section is starting to get hard to read some of the headstones.

Let me know if you still need help.

Posted: 20 Jul 2012 6:10PM GMT
Emma Thompson Fultz was born 13, Feb 1864 at Inwood, Marshall county, Indian, and died Dec 7, 1953 in Fulton County, Indiana
Father: David Thompson
Mother: Maragaret Deveny
Husband: George Fultz 12 May 1851 to 4 May 1941.
Married: 10 Sept 1905

He is buried with his first wife in the I O O F Cemtery in Rochester Indiana. Her obit states she was taken to Inwood Cemetery.
Her parents are buried in the Mt Pleasant Cemetery as are her grandparents. There is a Large marker for her parents,and it is behind the church in the new section. The plot is HUGE and all around the marker are egg sized and larger pebbles. The grandparents are across the road in the old section.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions