Search for content in message boards

Owens & Gertrude Marsh Cole family

Owens & Gertrude Marsh Cole family

Carole Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2003 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2003 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Marsh, Eleson
Can anyone help me with the family of Owens and Gertrude (Marsh) Cole who lived in Omaha area in 1929 and '30? Their children in the 1930 census were Harold, Doris, Raymond, Owens Jr., Viola, and Gertrude.

Gertrude Sr.'s parent were Perry Marsh and Elnora or Nora Eleson.
I will appreciate any help.
Thank you

Carole Tucker

Re: Owens & Gertrude Marsh Cole family

Christie (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2004 12:44AM GMT
Carol, do you have any infor on Joanne Iris Marsh, Grandmother lived in Omaha in the 60's.

Carole Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jul 2004 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Eleson/ Marsh
I posted the message about Gertrude, daughter of Perry Marsh and Elnora or Nora Eleson. I have worked a lot of the Eleson family tree for my son in law. Elnora or Nora's brother Loyd was my son in law's grandfatther. I eventually was able to determine each name and some data on the children of Daniel Faye Eleson and Charlotte McGregor. They came from Orleans County, New York, and moved to Iowa and Nebraska. Daniel died at Moorcroft, Wyoming, in northeast Wyoming. We had never been able to determine what happened to Nora, and thought she may have died young like most of her siblings. Then in Daniel Eleson's will and probate, I found children of Daniel's daughter Elnora, and it listed Gertrude Marsh, as a granddaughter. Nora had married Perry Mash, and it gave her address as Omaha, so I found her in the 1930 census, I believe it was, and they I posted the message, hoping I could find some of their family. But I'm sorry I don't know anything about Perry Marsh's family, and if he would be connected to your Marsh's.
Thank you for you post.

Carole Tucker

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 7:00PM GMT
I am the grandaughter of Gertrude (Cole) Marsh and am very interested in any information you could give me on The elesons or marsh's

Thanks so much
Lori Carr

Posted: 15 Sep 2009 6:25AM GMT
HI LORI: I AM GERTRUDES' GREAT-NIECE, BRENDA. GERTRUDE WAS MY MOTHER'S AUNT, MY GRANDMOTHER MARGARET MARSH-MOORE'S SISTER. IT GETS A LITTLE CONFUSING WITH FINDING THE CORRECT MARSH'S. PERRY MARSH MARRIED THREE TIMES AND HAD CHILDREN BY ALL THREE. I HAVE LEARNED RECENTLY THAT GERTRUDE AND MARGARET'S FATHER, PERRY, TOOK IN THEIR GRANDFATHER, EDWARD "JOHN" MARSH, AND ALSO, THOMAS BENTON MOORE, WHEN THEY WERE ELDERLY. THEY LIVED WITH HIM IN MINNESOTA IN THE 1920'S. I AM CURRENTLY AT A STANDSTILL ON WHO EDWARD JOHN MARSH'S PARENTS WERE.I THOUGHT I'D FOUND THEM, BUT ACCORDING TO OLD CENSUS INFO. THE BIRTHPLACES DIDN'T ADD UP. I KNOW JOHN'S WIFE'S NAME WAS ELIZBETH CORNEIA. HER FATHER WAS MICHAEL CORNELIA OF GERMANY. THEY LIVED IN OHIO.

MY MOTHER, MABLE "JEAN" MOORE-NELSON IS MARGARET MARSH-MOORE'S DAUGHTER. SHE HAS TOLD ME STORIES OF HOW HER GRANDFATHER, PERRY MARSH, PLAYED THE FIDDLE BEAUTIFULLY. I THINK HIS FATHER JOHN DID AS WELL. PERRY HAD MONEY AND LANDS AND WAS QUITE ARROGANT. MOM HAS A PICTURE OF HIM AND HIS SECOND WIFE, BLANCHE PRATT, ALL DRESSED UP I THEIR THREE-PIECE SUIT AND FURS. PERRY HAD ON A GOLD WATCH AND WATCH-FOB AND BLANCHE HER FURS. THEY DIVORCED AND PERRY REMARRIED A THRINA HENDRICKSON. UNCLE WESLEY, GERTRUDE & MARGARET'S HALF-BROTHER WAS BORN TO PERRY AND BLANCH. HE NEVER MARRIED. MARGARET TOOK HIM IN WHEN HE WAS ABOUT 13 YRS OLD. HE DIDN'T LIKE HIS STEP-MOTHER. HE WENT ON TO LIVE IN UP-STATE NEW YORK WHERE HE PURCHASED LAND (LIKELY, WITH HELP FROM HIS FATHER PERRY) AND PLANTED GRAPES. HE WILLED HIS ESTATE TO MARGARET WHEN HE DIED. IN THE WILL, HIS CARETAKER OF THE PROPERTY WAS TO HAVE RIGHTS TO THE LAND UNTIL HE DIED. THE CARETAKER DID NOT TAKE CARE OF THE PLACE AFTER WESLEY DIED SO BY THE TIME THE BACK-TAXES AND ATTORNEY FEES WERE PAID, THERE WAS PRECIOUS LITTLE LEFT IN THE ESTATE.
MY GRANDMOTHER, MARGARET MARSH PLAYED THE PIANO, ALWAYS HAD A LARGE GARDEN AND COKED UP STORM. ANT TIME WE'D VISIT SHE'D HAVE 2 OR 3 MEAT COURSES AND AT LEAST 3-4 VEGETABLES, AS WELL AS HOMEMADE BRADS, JAMS AND RELISHES. IN HER ELDER YEARS SHE HAD TO HAVE BOTH HER LEGS AMPUTATED DUE TO DIABETIC GANGARINE.
THE ELESONS: DANIEL FAY ELESON MARRIED CHARLOTTA MCGREGOR. THEY WERE MY GREAT-GREAT GRANDPARENTS. THEY WERE OF SCOTISH DECENT. THEY HAD MANY CHILDREN. I'VE HEARD CHARLOTTA WAS A STRICT OLD WOMAN. I GUESSSHE HAD TO BE BACK I THOSE DAYS WITH ALL THE KDS THEY HAD. THEY WERE BOTH VERY SHORT. I WILL TRY TO ATTACH A PICTURE. SPACE WILL NOT LET ME CONTINUE, BUT I CAN TELL YOU MORE. IF YOU FIND OUT WO EDWARDJOHN MARSH'S PARENTS WERE I'D LIK TO KNOW.AL I KNOW IS HIS FATHER WAS BORN I OHIO ABOUT 1810 AND HIS MOTHER WAS BORN IN NORTH CAROLINA.
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 2:39AM GMT
BRENDA,I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME SEARCHING AND THANKS TO YOU ,CAROLE TUCKER,LORI CARR....AND ANY ONE ELSE . YOU ARE MY TREE! I AM MONROE MARSHES DAUGHTER,PERRY&TRINA'S GRANDAUGHTER.I LIVE IN MINNESOTA (STAPLES)EVERYTHING YOU HAVE POSTED HAS CONFIRMED THINGS I'VE BEEN TOLD. PLEASE REPLY.... PERRY&TRINA PASSED AWAY IN 1940 THEY ARE IN EVERGGREEN CEMETERY WADENA COUNTY,MN.(STAPLES,MN)THEIR SON GEORGE(FROM PREVIOUS MARRIAGE) IS ALSO THERE. MONROE PASSED IN 2000 AND WIFE ALICE IN 1979. I HAVE 4 BROTHERS 2 SISTERS...PLEASE REPLY FOR MORE INFO... THANKYOU CINDY MARSH CHASE

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 3:59AM GMT
Hi Cindy,

Thank you for commenting on the picture I have of you. I have been trying to research my mothers side for quite some time and always seem to come to dead ends. Please I am looking for a sister named Laura that was the oldest daughter of Perry and Elnora. If you have any information to help I would greatly appreciate it. I recently cam across old greeting cards of my grandmother Gertrude Marsh Cole and it was nice to read the letters inside from her brothers and sisters. Thanks again for your help.

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 9:28PM GMT
dear lori,when bill and jessie marsh lived in bullards ,wadena,minnesota in 1930 census ,laura ames lived with them, age 71....thats all i know of her right now. i have reached a spot where i have to read a book...so my ancester.com is closing on feb 19. keep in contact the old way write me @ cindy chase...staples, mn 56479 send me your address or e-mail...I have a copy of a Bible page you might like and my sister has old cards and pictures you would enjoy.....lou...ps..perry marsh death certificate says...mother..caroline saline...born in illinois

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 9:48PM GMT
lori, i'm sorry laura ames is perrys sister i will check and get back to youon that....lou

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 1:50AM GMT
Cindy

Thank you for helping me fill in some gaps for my mom. My address is 13230 Long Meadow St. Hesperia, Ca. 92344 or email me at Bec071101@aol.com

Thanks again
Lori
per page

Find a board about a specific topic