Search for content in message boards

Tom Hardy/Hardie

Tom Hardy/Hardie

Eric Hardie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1999 4:51PM GMT
I am trying to find some information on my Great,Great Grandfather Tom Hardy/Hardie. Apparently he was a baker by trade. He moved to Louisiana from England ca.1880. Supposedly he had a wife and children who died on their way to Louisiana either from sickness or because their ship sank. He married my great,great grandmother Kizar who bore him several children. I was told he broke his leg and was sent down river to New Orleans for medical attention but that he died on the way as a result of gangrene. I am trying to trace my family back to England and any information would be helpful.

Re: Tom Hardy/Hardie

Posted: 6 Feb 2003 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hardie
Hi Eric,

My name is Kyndall Hardie, I live in Louisiana, and Thomas Hardie is my great,great, grandfather. I am also trying to trace my family back to England, or as far as I can go. From what I know, Tom moved to Louisiana from England and was a baker. He later sent for his wife and 2 children but they drowned when the boat sank that they were on. Then he married Kizar Cagle. They had Steve, Dick, and Eliza Gurie (McFarland now). Steve is my great grandfather. He married Lillie Ford. He died when my grandfather was 2yrs. old and she remarried Ed Harris. This is what I have so far. If you have any new info. please let me know.

Thank you,

Kyndall Hardie

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Hardie/Cagle
Thank you for your post. Tom Hardie and Kizar Cagle are my great grandparents, and the story of Tom going down river to New Orleans for medical attention for a broken leg is the exact same story I have also been told, as the last time our family heard of him. I am also trying to trace our family back to England. I have a manuscript put together by one of our cousins, you probably have it too. I hope you and/or anyone else in our family gets this message so we can share info. This is the first time I've posted anywhere on a message board.

Posted: 24 Feb 2008 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Kyndall,
I just replied to Eric's post, and then I see yours! Your great grandfather Steve was the brother of my grandfather, Richard/Dick Hardie. Like I told Eric, I have a manuscript of our family history put together by one of our cousins. You might have it,too. If you or Eric or anyone else in our family wants to share info, e-mail me at:
marcele_mcquiddy@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions