Search for content in message boards

John Olson

John Olson

Posted: 16 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2005 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: OLSON, ANDERSON, GRANDT
I have a strange problem. I have an obituary but do not know who it is. My Grandmother saved this obituary, but it does not contain the name or date of the newspaper, year of death, neither does it give the deceased ladies first name. I think this is after 1910. I have written to the cemetery and they can not help me without a year and name, I know there must be a lot of Anderson's in that area. They could not even tell me if her husband was buried there. I have checked the telephone books on line and there are just too many Harold and Raymond Anderson's. I would appreciate it if anyone could help solve this mystery. Maybe someone will recognize one of the names included. Since the John Olson family came from Pine County I am hoping someone can help me. I think this is a Pine County newspaper. Thank you, Linda in Georgia

MRS AXEL ANDERSON DIES IN MINNEAPOLIS

Mrs. Axel Anderson, daughter of Mr. And Mrs. John Olson
of Pokegama township, passed away in Minneapolis Wednesday
April 4th, at the age of 45 years, death following an operation. Funeral services were held under auspices of the Eastern Star, Saturday Afternoon, April 7th, at 3 o'clock from Welands undertaking parlors and the remains were laid to rest in Lakewood cemetery. Surviving are her husband and two sons, Harold and Raymond, her parents, Mr. And Mrs. John Olson, one brother, Arnold Olson, and one sister, Mrs. Chas. Peterson. Those from here attending the funeral were Mrs. John Olson and son Arnold, Mr. And Mrs. Henry Grandt and son Fred and daughter Irene and Mrs. Reuben Anderson.

Olsons/Petersons in Pokegama

Posted: 27 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2001 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Olson, Peterson, Grandt
I don't know how much help this is, but there was a "H.H.Grandt" who was Commissioner of District No. 1 in Pine County in 1949. Also, I saw a reference to the fact that the John Olsons lived on the east side of the lake in Pokegama (near the Janousheks and the Youngbauers).
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: Olson, Anderson, Grandt
I have found where the obituary was printed in the Pine County Pioneer at Pine City, MN. There are obituaries for John & Karen Olson, Arnold and wife Helen. There are quite a number of obituaries for Grandt. Write

Re: John Olson

Posted: 28 May 2006 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Olson
John Olson was my great grandfather. The obit you mention is of Mable Olson Anderson. All of Pine City, MN. I know it has been several years since this was posted, but do you have any additional info on the ancestors of John Olson?

Linda Waldron (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2006 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Olson, Benson, Anderson
Shannon, I do have more information. My Grandfather was a cousin to Mable Anderson. John Olson died 18 June 1946 in Pine City MN and buried in Birchwood cemetery. Karen Olson died 15 Sept 1943 in the same town and buried in the same cemetery. John and Karen emigrated from Sweden 5 Nov 1882. Mable's sister Minnie b 1885 in MN married Charles G Pederson.
Her brother Arnold born 1908 MN married Helen K Thom, born 1927, married 9 Nov 1946.
Helen died 13 May 1987 and buried at Birchwood cemetery.
Arnold and Helen owned the Olson's Produce in Pine City for 20 years. I have a list of their children and I have obituary information on John and Karen Olson also. I hope you can use this information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 28 May 2006 4:39AM GMT
I am so excited to have some info on this. I was at a dead end. With these pieces I can start hunting again. I have info on Arnold and Helen Olson, their daughter Sharon, is my mother. I just have no data on Mabel, Minnie, John, or Karen and where they come from. If you have more info on that branch of the tree, it would be so great. Or walk me through what links you back to Mable. It was so great to hear from you and talk to you again soon.
shayinaz@yahoo.com
Shannon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions