Search for content in message boards

Emily Bell (nee Bamford) buried Unita, Wy

Alison (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 5:46AM GMT
Hi, I'm looking for Emily Bamford b 1856, married William Bell and in 1881 was living at Hasland, Derby, England with two children Lillian Edith Louisa. I believe the family returned to the USA (William was born there) and that Emily is buried in Unita, Wy.
Alison

Emily Bell

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 7:02PM GMT
I have found a death certificate for William Henry Bell - son of Emily and William Bell.He died in a mining accident. Haven't found one for Emily, probably died before death certificates were required.

Alison (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Tracy writes "I have found a death certificate for William Henry Bell - son of Emily and William Bell.He died in a mining accident. Haven't found one for Emily, probably died before death certificates were required." What date would this be??? My Emily Bell died in 1895, the William Henry Bell I have details for is her son b 1886 d 1927.

Alison

William Bell

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 5:16AM GMT
This is the same William died Jan. 28 1927 at age 40. Death cert. says from a rock fall. If you have a month of Emily death an obit might be available Death certificates weren't required until 1909, I believe.
Tracy

Alison (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:23PM GMT
The details I have came from an LDS site and gives the date of death as Dec 4th 1895. This is the first time I have tried to do any research in the States (I live in England) so wasn't sure what was available or where to look

Emily Bell

Tracy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 2:30PM GMT
I do research at the Wyoming archives. There are microfilms of newspapers from all of WY some areas from as early as 1860's to present. Also marriage records, death indexes and certificates, census records, land records, and a lot of other info.

Alison (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:07AM GMT
Tracy

Thanks for all your info. Emily is not one of my direct ancestors, she would have been a 2nd cousin 3 times removed, so I guess I'll leave it here. If anyone reading this is a descendant of Emily & William Bell and wants to trade info about the American & English parts of the tree, send me an email.

Thanks again Tracy

Alison

Re: Emily Bell (nee Bamford) buried Unita, Wy

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 10:43PM GMT
Classification: Query

Re: Emily Bell

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: BELL
I found the following information in my search of my Wyoming mining accident database:

Date of Accident / Name of Victim / Age / Mine or Location / F=fatal or N=nonfatal / Reference Source / Page / Report Year

1923AUG BELL, C H SUPERIOR N 73 28 1923
1923DEC BELL, JAMES SWEETWATER N 73 24 1923
1960FEB BELL, ROGER ELMO FREMONT CANYON N 74 57
1970AUG BELL, S S RIVERTON N 74 71 1970
1939SEP BELL, W E DINES N 73 62 1939

If any of the above are of interest to you, get back with me. I do have a little more information about these specific accidents.

From Jerry,
http://www.genealogy.com/users/s/h/e/Jerry-Sherard/ “Mining Accidents U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia”

Re: Emily Bell

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: BELL
I found the following information in my search of my Wyoming mining accident database:

Date of Accident / Name of Victim / Age / Mine or Location / F=fatal or N=nonfatal / Reference Source / Page / Report Year

1923AUG BELL, C H SUPERIOR N 73 28 1923
1923DEC BELL, JAMES SWEETWATER N 73 24 1923
1960FEB BELL, ROGER ELMO FREMONT CANYON N 74 57
1970AUG BELL, S S RIVERTON N 74 71 1970
1939SEP BELL, W E DINES N 73 62 1939

If any of the above are of interest to you, get back with me. I do have a little more information about these specific accidents.

From Jerry,
http://www.genealogy.com/users/s/h/e/Jerry-Sherard/ “Mining Accidents U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia”
per page

Find a board about a specific topic