Search for content in message boards

Faught (Vogt) families in Ireland in 1709

Faught (Vogt) families in Ireland in 1709

Eileen Glaholt (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
A number of German Palatine Protestants ended up in Ireland and England in 1709. Among them was John Vogt and his family. They apparently stayed until the early to mid-1800's. some of them moving to Canada.

My ancestor, who I am trying to find, was William Highfield Faught, b. about 1820 to 1830 in Ireland. He eventually ended up in New York and disappeared about 1879 or so. Before he disappeared he was a "spice" merchand and importer. Anyone have any idea about where he went?

Re: Faught (Vogt) families in Ireland in 1709

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 6:26AM GMT
Surnames: Faught, Highfield
Just recently found out that William Faught's middle name was Haughton (written as Horton on a marriage license). He was the son of Michael Faught and Mary Highfield (Hifield). In 1861 he married Rebecca Ann Walker in Dublin, Ireland. They apparently had a daughter in 1863. William's brother was John Highfield Faught (thus the confusion).

John was married twice, widowed the first time and had two daughters. He died in 1866 in Dublin. William came to the US sometime before 1868 because he married my great-great grandmother in New York City. Don't know if he left his wife and daughter behind or if they died about the time that his brother did and he came as a result of that. In any case he left his second wife in New York City about 1877. Family lore said that he was killed. Strange that his wife put an ad in the paper about fifteen years later looking for him. A William H. Faught was picked up about that time in Massachusetts for public drunkenness. Figure that gggrandfather was not a teetotaler.

Re: Faught (Vogt) families in Ireland in 1709

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Faught,, Walker
Additional information on William Haughton Faught. In early 1863 he posted an advertisement in a Dublin paper saying he was no longer responsible for the debts of his wife, Rebecca Ann Walker Faught. Later that year a William "Foot" from England emigrated to America.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions