Search for content in message boards

Lodowick and Mary Presbury Hoxie

Lodowick and Mary Presbury Hoxie

Posted: 31 May 2008 9:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hoxie, Hull, Babcock, Reynolds, Kenyon, Lacey, Peaster, Palmer
My family line is Lodowick & Mary Presbury Hoxie, John and Mary Hull Hoxie,Joseph and Deborah Babcock Hoxie, Joseph and Amy Reynolds Hoxie, William and Edie Kenyon Hoxie, Gideon and Henrietta Lacey Hoxie, Jordan and Angeline Hoxie Peaster, Charles and Georgianna Peaster Palmer, Harry and Mary Napier Palmer, Leonard and Fannie Palmer, me. Can anyone share information regarding any of the Hoxies listed in this line? I know very little.

Re: Lodowick and Mary Presbury Hoxie

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 4:42AM GMT
There's a well done book by Leslie Hoxie, "The Hoxie Family; Three Centuries In America" It all started with Lodowick. Considering the extent of info aavailable, your question is pretty wide. If you can't locate the book, is there a specific question I can help with?

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hoxie, Peaster, Lacey
I have been told this book is no longer available. My ancestor, Gideon Hoxie who married Henrietta Lacey, is not included in the book. I understand Gideon and his family settled in Stephentown, NY. I would like to know who his daughters married, besides my gggrandmother, Angeline Hoxie Peaster. I have a photo album which may have belonged to the Peaster family and perhaps some of the photos are of the Hoxie family.

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: Hoxie
Sorry to be so tardy getting back to you.
The Leslie Hoxie book is still available. One source is Quintin Publishing: http://www.quintinpublications.com/mm5m/merchant.mvc?Store_c...

Your Gideon (number 229) is in the book, page 99, as is H. Lacey and their four daughters are named. Other than that, there's not much info.

I'll see if I have some more info on the daughters.

Posted: 20 Oct 2008 4:01PM GMT
Thank you for the information. I do know that one of the daughters married someone with the surname Culver. Their son is living with Gideon and Henrietta in a later census. I would love to have help in locating more information. Thank you.

Posted: 7 Jun 2010 1:13PM GMT
Hello, I just came across your message while looking for information on Henrietta Lacey. I'm also a descentant of this Hoxey line down to William and Edie Kenyon, then from their son Thomas.
Do you have any info. on who Henrietta's parents were ?
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Posted: 9 Jun 2010 4:00AM GMT
No, I do not know the names of Henrietta's parents. I would like to know who they were. According to the 1880 US Census of Stephentown, NY, Henrietta and her parents were all born in NY. If I find any other information, I would be glad to share it. I guess we are very distant cousins.

Posted: 9 Jun 2010 2:11PM GMT
Yes, I guess we are, and I'll keep looking too. Thanks!

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: HOXIE/CAMPBELL

Is there any information in the book about the HOXIE family about WILLIAM HOXIE? He was born in vermont in 1812,son of COLSON HOXIE. William's wife was HARRIET ??? born in New York in 1822. William was in the 1850 Lasalle Cty., Ill. census. His wife, Harriet,ELLEN MARIE,my great grandmother, IRA C. HOXIE,HENRIETTA HOXIE and EMMA A. HOXIE. ELLEN MARIE HOXIE married JAMES PEART CAMPBELL in Sonoma Cty., California in 1860. Thank you.

Posted: 8 Feb 2011 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: HOXIE
I'm afraid there isn't much in the book about WILLIAM HOXIE except that he was the son of COLSON. Doesn't even list a DOB. An IRA CHARLES HOXIE does show up as an unplaced/linked line. IRA apparently came to CA during the gold rush. There's also mention of HENIETTA and EMMA HOXIE, sisters under a Capt John HOXIE line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions