Search for content in message boards

Amelia,dau of Samuel Frances Metcalf

Amelia,dau of Samuel Frances Metcalf

Maggie Hooper (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2000 10:24AM GMT
Amelia, b ca 1806, dau of Samuel "Fanny" Metcalf, married John White 1828. Moved to Ohio, then Stark Co Ill. Need proof of her parents.
Posted: 28 Nov 2000 11:55AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2003 8:08PM GMT
Maggie, William Medcalf of Anson Co. NC and his wife Amelia had son John Medcalf born ca 1765 that migrated from NC to Tenn. and he or descendants into Illinois. This William and Amelia also had daughter Amelia Medcalf that married my gggggrandfather David Brumbelow. Some of this family migrated to Illinois and some to southern states including Ga. and Ala. This may or may not help, but worth a look.

Re: Metcalf

Lois Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 3:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to work out my Medcalf line in GA. Nancy Metcalf m Joseph Harris in 1823 in Jackson Co. Ga and later m ----Brumbalow. She went to MO with some of her children. I know Salathial Adams Harris went and Jack Brumbalow and they at times kept brother Asa Harris' son John....also the two sisters Nancy Harris and Mary Brumbalow went. I know there was a John Metcalf in Jackson Co and also intermarriage in Anson of William Metcalfs daughters to Brumbalows. Can you help?
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2003 8:08PM GMT
Lois i have very little info on descendants of William Medcalf of Anson NC. He did have son John born ca 1765. Of course he had son Joel who had son John but went to ILL. Also William had son William who could have had son John. It seems to have been a large exit from NC for many of the Brumbelows and Medcalfs in early 1800's, but my immediate ancestor David Brumbelow died in Anson Co. NC before 1825, and his wife Amy Medcalf Brumbelow sold off what remained of his Estate. Amy, her son David Brumbelow Jr., and son in law( J.Mical D.Henninger married to daughter Amy Brumbelow) remove shortly after David Sr.s death to Ga. Here in Ga., David, his mother widow Amy Brumbelow, and son in law Micael D. Henegan(notice name spelling change) apply and receive land under the Cherokee Land Grant in various neighboring counties. My direct ancestors Michael D. Henegan and Amy Brumbelow Henegan(now spelling on occasion) leave Ga. in 1838 and arrive in time to be on tax list of Clarke Co. Miss. in 1839 and Census 1840 of Clarke Co. Miss. In 1848 they appear in Bienville Parish La. in land deeds and enumerated on 1850 Bienville Parish La. Census. The accepted spelling of most of this clan is now Hennigan. Sorry that i have no more info on Metcalf/Medcalf family of Ga., as i was only looking for specific family and not all the collateral lines in my research.

Lois Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 2002 11:03PM GMT
Since she was born 1801 NC she has to come from one of the early NC families. Thanks.

jeff metcalf (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 9:23PM GMT
Surnames: Metcalf, Medcalf
not sure if I can help but I saw your posting and thought I would respond. I am descendend from William Medacalf of Anson Co. His son Joel is my line. We think William's son John may have went to Ohio in the early 1800's when all the children began selling their land and moving away. Can't say that for sure however! William's son Joel did have a son John but he went to Ilinois. William's son Emmanuel did not have any sons named John. We are not sure about Williams son's David and William jr.
What is interesting about your message was that I have been trying to track down information on William Medcalf's parents (William Medcalf & Anne Lowther). Just recently got some information that he may have been a baptist circuit preacher and left Maryland sometime after 1840 for the Savanah Georgia area. So... maybe there is a connection somehow? let me know if this helps, or if i can help in any way
Jeff
Metcalf

Lois Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 11:02PM GMT
Thanks. I'll keep searching.

Posted: 7 Apr 2006 1:47PM GMT
Picking back up on this line as I want to research some in DC this month. I am still trying to find out the connection between Nancy Metcalf Harris Brumbalow and her father be it John or William Metcalf as there are John, William and also a Henry Metcalf living in Jackson Co., GA at that time. The 1820 census in Jackson Co., GA shows Henry Metcalf living next to Joseph Harris whose son Joseph married Nancy Metcalf. Intermarried in the Metcalfs are Thomas, Adams, Brumbalow, Lord, Harris families. In 1857 I find our Salathiel Adams Harris m to Nancy Springfield in Murray Co., GA where his mother Nancy Brumbalow is. Also here is Samuel Jack Brumbalow, his sister Mary Brumbalow (marries David Mitchell and stays in Georgia), the Bunyards, the McGhees (Salathiel later marries a McGhee as does his sister and brother...Harris'). All of these people except for the sister Mary Brumbalow Mitchell in 1857 go to Piedmont, Missouri area.
Posted: 21 Oct 2009 3:11AM GMT
I am a descendant of William Jefferson Metcalf who married Narcissa Lee in Greene County, Illinois. They are both buried in Hopson Cemetery in Hamilton County, Illinois. My line is then Lee,Abraham, Harold,my father and myself Betty Metcalf Keil. Would love to find more information on Joel Medcalf, who I believe to be William Jefferson's father.Hope to hear from you. Betty

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 11:18AM GMT
I do have a Joel, b~1866, son of William Henry Metcalf and Hannah Jones, probably born in IN. Let me know if this date sounds reasonable.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions