Search for content in message boards

Orlando

Posted: 28 May 2013 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for Orlando family. I believe they may have come from Tocco Casauria Pescara Abruzzo. My great grandfather's name is Pietro Orlando and his wife is Francesca Orlando. Her maiden name may have been D'Alto. I cannot find their entry into the US. They had 3 children born in Brooklyn, New York but may have had 3 children born in Italy who stayed (or died) in Italy.
Posted: 7 Jun 2013 4:48PM GMT
Hi

These are the surnmaes from Tocco Casauria.

http://www.italyworldclub.com/genealogy/surnames/abruzzo/pes...

Orlando is not a surname I am familiar with from Tocco Casauria. In fact in Italian the name Orlando is usually a first name and not a surname.
Suggest you do a bit more research, ask more questions of family members. Maybe they can tell you where your Orlando ancestor came from.You might also try to obatain some details from death certificates and Naturalization documents.

I hope this helps a bit.

Good luck.
James

Re: Orlando

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 7:44PM GMT
Thanks! Death certificate said "Italy" and he was never naturalized (my luck!). His daughter married a Santilli who was born in Tocco and I was hoping that the families might have known each other in Italy as my Orlandos settled in Brooklyn and the Santilli's settled in Manhattan. I guess not - but it was worth a try! Thanks for your help!

Re: Orlando

Posted: 1 Apr 2014 2:18PM GMT
Orlando is quite common in Italy, and also a lot found in Sicily. It is a surname if Italian and is derived from "Rolando"
per page

Find a board about a specific topic