Search for content in message boards

RATHBONE, Oliver Maggie Valley, NC

RATHBONE, Oliver Maggie Valley, NC

Neil McLaurin (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rathbone, Smith
I am searching for any information on Oliver Rathbone, he was my grandfather. He married Lelia-Cumi Smith. He was b. in 1898 d. 1968. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Neil McLaurin

Re: RATHBONE, Oliver Maggie Valley, NC

Posted: 7 Oct 2004 1:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jan 2006 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: RATHBONE
Oliver J. Rathbone was a son of William W. Rathbone and Nancy Jane Henry, as listed in the General Index to Delayed Births for Haywood County, NC. According to the 1930 Haywood County census, Ivy Hill, #192, Oliver was a laborer who did odd jobs. At the time of the census he and Lellia had two children, Ruth and Frank. Oliver is buried in Hillcrest Memorial Gardens, Waynesville, Haywood County. Would you be able to share info on the children of Oliver and Lela S. Rathbone? Thanks.

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: rathbone mclaurin self
my name is james self my mother is patrica l rathbone my grandfather was frank rathbone i'd like to know is this neil mclaurin my mothers full brother or half brother i've been excluded from the rathbone side of the family i would like to know why ? i was never took up there from fl now i live buffalo ny now and would like to know where my roots started my fl family wont say james "richard" self

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: rathbone self
i'm sorry if i sound rude in the other post but it's derected to a certain person my name is james self known as richard. i'm franks grandson that he never got to meet. i've never meet a rathbone and would like to know more about my family's history. thank you richard mouseking1971@aol.com margret tyre pat hollingsworth

Posted: 29 Sep 2013 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Rathbone, Smith
I was married to a E>L>Smith from Maggie Valley,NC and he had some nieces and nephews named Rathbone there. Also his mother's maiden name was Rathbone. I've been trying to connect the dots on all the bloodlines and no one is giving me many answers. I did know a Frank,Hank and Joe Rathbone whose father was Oliver. Frank was married to Margaret in the years I knew them in NJ, and they had two children, Patsy and Bobby. I heard Margaret moved to Fla. and didn't keep in touch with NC. She was a really sweet person when I knew her and Frank was never very good to her. I did get to see Bobby before he died (young) in Maggie Valley when I was visiting Lelia, Oliver's widow . She was a half-sister to my husband, Ezekiel L. Smith,JR.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions