Search for content in message boards

Waddell Family Airdrie, Lanarkshire (Scotland)

Waddell Family Airdrie, Lanarkshire (Scotland)

Posted: 27 Aug 2000 2:18AM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2003 12:08PM GMT
James and Janet (nee McLean) Waddell had a family of 10. James b. 1784, Robert m. 1786, William b. 1788, John b. 1790, Janet b. 1793, Marrion b. 1795, m. William Johnston, Margaret b. 1797, James b. 1799 m. Elizabeth Rankin, Matthew b. 1802 m1 Helen Mochrie, m2 Elizabeth Stevenson, and Margaret. I would like to make contact with descendants of any of these people.

waddell, john 1736

jkassaw (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 1:58PM GMT
my ancester was from londonderry, donegal county
in northern Ireland. he fought in the battle
of coulloden and came to america with McLeans
who were highlanders we are trying to locate
any of his three brothers

Waddells - Ireland -MD - OH - IA

Lois (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2001 7:49AM GMT
Hi - Hope we can help each other on the Waddells!!! Where did your family settle when coming to America?? I have an OLD Alexander and James in my line - my great great grandfather Absalom Waddell was b. MD, married Susanna Shepherd, then moved to Belmont Co.OH before moving to IA where he died. The Waddells are a hard line to trace -they were very proliferous and used those same family names over and over!!! Hope to hear from you and share info!!!
Lois fryl@kdsi.net

Re: waddell, john 1736

Posted: 26 May 2002 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2004 1:34AM GMT
lloking for elijah waddle lived franklin and rush co, ind before 1860

Re: Waddell Family Airdrie, Lanarkshire (Scotland)

Posted: 2 Feb 2003 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Waddell
I have a line with a Margaret Waddell born 1886 in Dalmarnock Glasgow. Died 1955. She was married to John Docherty Simpson October 31, 1904.

I don't know if this is part of your line.

Please let me know. This is as far back as I have gone with this line. It would be great to find more information.

Elaine Tyler

Re: Waddells - Ireland -MD - OH - IA

Posted: 13 Jul 2004 3:53PM GMT
My Waddell connection is my great-great-grandmother, Catherine Waddell, daughter of Levi H. Waddell and Mary A. Clarke, who were married in Allegany Co MD 7/2/1829. Catherine married Elisha Hawkins in Guernsey County, Ohio (next door-neighbor to Belmont Co. Ohio). I wonder if we might be connected somehow...

Re: Waddells - Ireland -MD - OH - IA

Posted: 14 Jul 2004 9:18AM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2004 10:09PM GMT
I don't know of any connection with the Waddells I am connected to with Ireland, or the U.S. Many of the family were born in and lived around Airdrie in Lanarkshire, and there was a move towards Glasgow with some settling in the outer south east of the city.

Posted: 16 Jan 2010 11:02AM GMT
Your Matthew Waddell, who married Elizabeth Stevenson - do you have any more details of hat marriage?

I am a descendant of an Elizabeth Stevenson.

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 8:45AM GMT
Hello Sarah,
Sorry about being so tardy in finding messages. Matthew Waddell and Elizabeth Stevenson were my g-g's. She was the daughter of John Stevenson b. 1781 and Janet Watt Steel b. 1791. In both cases these are approximate birth dates. The first child of Elizabeth and Matthew Waddell, Henrietta b. 1845 was my great-grandmother. She married John Wilson, and the couple lived at Baillieston. There were seven children born to the couple, i.e. Matthew and Elizabeth, and Matthew had six children from an earlier marriage. Does this fit in with what you know of? I'd love to be in touch. My e-mail is janet.wilson@dcsi.net.au.
Regards,
Janet.

Posted: 24 Jan 2010 3:54PM GMT
My ggg-grandmother Elizabeth Stevenson (c1861) was the daughter of Bridget Barret (c1835) and John Stevenson (born about 1836 in Paisley), himself the son of another John Stevenson and Elizabeth Harris (1813). John and Elizabeth Harris were married in Paisley in 1838.
I don't think our dates match, but I haven't come very far in placing my Stevensons yet. Who knows, they may have been cousins! I'll let you know as I find more about the family. So far I don't have any siblings at all.

Sarah
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions