Search for content in message boards

Elizabeth Hodges G-Grandmother of Frank & Jesse

Elizabeth Hodges G-Grandmother of Frank & Jesse

Judy Woehrle (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2006 12:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
It seemed like very little was known about Elizabeth Woodson Mimms, Poor, Hodges, the Great Grandmother of Frank and Jesse James. Here are some documents that show she died in 1834 in Logan County and that she did have children with William Hodges.

Logan County Kentucky
Book F page 66
Will of Elizabeth Hodges ( Great Grandmother of Frank & Jesse James)

Attachments:

Re: Elizabeth Hodges more Documents

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 12:51AM GMT
The Settlement papers show there must have been a riff between the Hodges and Poors. Drury W. Poor tried to get the Will of Elizabeth Hodges set aside. Here are only a few of the papers in the settlement.

Logan County Kentucky
Book F Pages 207-212
Settlement Elizabeth Hodges
Attachments:

Re: Elizabeth Hodges more Documents

Posted: 15 Oct 2006 1:08AM GMT
More misc. papers that show a connection between Drury Poor and Elizabeth Hodges. These are financial records from 1825-1834. Some of the names listed:
Elizabeth Hodges
Drury Poor
Lilbourn Hodges
Charlotte Hodges
John James
Elizabeth James
Nancy James
Attachments:

Re: Elizabeth Hodges G-Grandmother of Frank & Jesse

Susan Abrahams (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2006 11:55PM GMT
Hi, My grandmother was Susan Hodges and I use to write to her sister Elizabeth Hodges who was in a nursing home in Goulburn. This was back in the 1960's. My father Victor George Stanley Abrahams grew up in Goulburn with his 3 brothers. We are unable to locate my grandmothers birth certificate. I do have some of our family tree.

Look forward to hearing from you

Posted: 22 Oct 2006 1:28AM GMT
Susan,

This Elizabeth Hodges died in 1834 in Logan County Kentucky. I have no idea what happened to her son Lilbourn. Her daughter Charlotte married Jeremiah Joiner in 1834. I think (but not sure) the daughter that was married to John Herndon was a Louisa, this according to some world connect tree's.

Judy

Susan Abrahams (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2006 6:41AM GMT
Hi there, I am in Australia and currently going through a few things on the net and finding a number of people . My Ancestors start with Isaac Abrahams who married Mary? Thomas (born est 1822) married Sarah? Alfred Abrahams (DOB est 1847) Married Mary Ann Cowling Dob est 1851 - Henry - Robert - Albert - Sarah - George Thomas Abrahams - married Susan Hodge (my grandparents) - My granparents are from Goulburn in Australia and Elizabeth Abrahams was resident there for all her life I believe.
Regards Susan

Deloris (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2006 9:04PM GMT
I find this rather interesting. A story has been passed down through 5 generations that follows. While they were in Minnesota in the 1960's or early in the 1870's my gg grandfather along with his sister and brother wre playing along a creek bank when two men rode up and asked the children to go get them some food. They went to their mother who quickly packed them something to eat. They gave them a $10 gold piece which they took to their mother. A few days later they went to town and saw these men on a wanted poster. They were Frank and Jesse James.
The childrens names were Frank Hodges, Mary Ellen Hodges and William Henry Hodges my gg grandfather.
Their father was Charles Hodges and their mother was Mary Ellen Armstrong Hodges.
I know that Charles was born about 1843 in Maine and that his father was Josiah. I don't know if this Hodges line orginated in Maine, Mass. or Virginia.
But like I said this is quite interesting.
Deloris
Grandmadee03@aol.com

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: HERNDON MIMMS VIOLETTE
Thank you for posting the will and other information.
Elizabeth Woodson Mimms was my 4th great grandmother.
My grandmother was Nellie Lilburn Herndon of Logan Co, KY.
Gary Violette
Clarksville, TN

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 7:33PM GMT
Gary,

Thanks for posting. I am not related to Elizabeth, I'm only doing research on Frank and Jesse's ancestors. Do you have any idea what happened to Elizabeths son Lilbourn Hodges?
Thank you, Judy

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: HODGES, LILBOURNE, LILBURN
I have no information on Lilbourn Hodges, other than I have seen his name spelled "Lilburn".

This is the way my grandmother spelled her middle name as well as her son's and grandson's.

Do you happen to know where the name originates in this family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions