Search for content in message boards

New Sweden Birth - Death Records

New Sweden Birth - Death Records

Posted: 7 Jul 2012 6:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Matson
How do I find birth records for New Sweden circa late 1870s? Also how do I find death records for New Sweden after 1880s?

Thanks,

Chris H.

Re: New Sweden Birth - Death Records

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 1:57PM GMT
Here's the Maine state vital records page. It tells you where to obtain records.

http://www.maine.gov/portal/facts_history/vital_records.html

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 3:41PM GMT
Thanks,

Chris H.

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 9:44AM GMT
Hi Chris, In the event that you have not yet found what you were looking for perhaps I could help. I am the chairperson of the New Sweden Historical Society Genealogical Division.I have collected data on over 7,500 people of Swedish ancestry that lived in the greater New Sweden area from 1870 through the present. Let me know if you have something or someone that you'd like me to look up.
Lynn

Posted: 3 Oct 2012 4:32AM GMT
Surnames: Mattson and Johnson
Hi Lynn,

I just returned from a trip and received your post. I am seeking a death date for a Andrew Mattson of New Sweden, Maine. He was listed in the 1880 US census living with his family in New Sweden, Maine and I've found Deed of Sale in 1894 for the property he owned with his wife in New Sweden. The property was sold by his wife, Caroline, his son, Andrew Peter and daughter, Mary Mattson after his death. I don't know if he died in 1894 or if he even died in New Sweden, Maine.

So by my estimates, he died between 1880 and 1894.

Thanks,

Chris H.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions