Search for content in message boards

Quinn - New York

Quinn - New York

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone out there have a Rose Heaney who married a Quinn and they had 2 children John and Rose. Rose Heaney Quinn lived in Amboy, NY but moved to either Syracuse or Rochester (or nearby). Quinn/Heaney's were farmers.

Re: Quinn - New York

Posted: 12 Mar 2005 12:19AM GMT
Surnames: Quinn, Heaney
Would the Rose Heaney you are looking for marry a James Quinn who was born in Canada, and lived Elko, Cattaraugus, New York in 1910.

Posted: 20 Mar 2005 9:44PM GMT
Hi, I think the Quinn that Rose Heaney married was John Quinn. They had a son John and daughter Rose. I know they lived in Amboy, NY and were farmers. I don't know where he was originally from. He died there though.
Son John Quinn was at one time in Montana with his uncle Heaney at St. Peter's Mission. Don't know what happened to him or the daughter.

Posted: 20 Apr 2005 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Heaney, Quinn, La Tour
I also have this on my family tree. The Quinns lived near the Heaney's in Amboy, and Rose happened to marry one of the Quinn boys in-between the census years, have the two children, and then is widowed.

I could only assume that John Quinn was her husband, not Willima Quinn, because she named her son John. Although John could have named his son after his brother?

A sad sad story, wish I knew what happened. Let's compare notes!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic