Search for content in message boards

Mary Barnett

Mary Barnett

Posted: 25 May 2001 9:22PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 2:15AM GMT
I am looking for any info on a Mary Barnett. Her date of birth that I have is August 1,1836. She married Thomas Jones and they had a daughter by the name of Dora Emma? Jones and she married Landon Elder. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Mary Barnett

Posted: 24 Jul 2001 10:05PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2001 3:07PM GMT
My GGGrandmother was mary Anne Barnett. She married a William Jones. She was born abt. 1828 in Texas. Sound familiar?

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 1:04AM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 2:15AM GMT
Surnames: Barnett
No, sorry my great-great-great grandmothers name was Mary Hannah Barnett and she was married to a Thomas Dudley Jones. She was born in Kentucky on Aug.1st,1836. Wish we could have made the connection.

sheryl gray (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2003 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also related to Mary Hannah Barnet and Thomas Dudley Jones.n Have some Info.

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 11:59PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2006 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: gray jones
Do you have any other information about Mary Hannah Barnet or Thomas Dudley Jones? I am related through my maternal side. They would be my 4th great grandparents.

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 7:41PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 4:52PM GMT
My Mary Barnett was born in 1826. She married William Stiles Jones in Texas and they had 8-9 children together. One if those children, Johnnie J Jones was my GreatGrandfather. I believe my Mary went by Mary Ann and I am not familar with the middle name of Hannah. Her parents were Thomas and Nancy. When they married Nancy was a widow of a Mr. Grey and I think her maiden name was Spencer but have not confirmed that yet. I do not know if Thomas' middle name was Dudley. Does this help?

sheryl gray (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 2:31PM GMT
My Mary Barnett was born in Missouri, and Thomas Jones was born in Indiana. Can you connect to Missouri? If not, probably a different family.

Posted: 30 Mar 2004 6:50PM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2005 4:52PM GMT
Sorry. My Barnetts were not in Missouri. Good Luck.

Posted: 7 Jun 2006 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 9:39PM GMT
Hello.
Would you have time to help me with a project? I am trying to locate any information on this man's family:
BARNETT, THOMAS (1798-1843). Thomas Barnett, pioneer settler and public official, was born on January 18, 1798, in Logan County, Kentucky. Before 1821 he moved to Livingston County, Kentucky, where he was sheriff for two years. In 1823 he moved to Texas as one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred and on July 10, 1824, received title to a league of land on the east bank of the Brazos River in what is now southeastern Fort Bend County. The 1826 census of Austin's colony noted that Barnett owned two slaves. About 1825 he married Mrs. Nancy Spencer (see gray, nancy). They had six children. On February 10, 1828, Barnett was elected comisario of the district of Victoria in the ayuntamientoqv of San Felipe de Austin. In 1829 he was elected alcalde; he represented Austin Municipality at the Consultation and on November 18, 1835, was elected a supernumerary member of the General Council. He was one of the three delegates from Austin Municipality to the Convention of 1836 at Washington-on-the-Brazos, where he signed the Texas Declaration of Independence. On December 20, 1836, President Sam Houstonqv appointed him chief justice of Austin County. Barnett represented Fort Bend County in the House of the Third and Fourth congresses of the republic, 1838-40. He died at his home in Fort Bend County on September 20, 1843, and was buried in the family cemetery, eight miles from Richmond.
GRAY, NANCY (?-1863). Nancy Gray, early Texas settler, moved to Texas from Tennessee with her husband, William S. Spencer, by April 1824. Karankawa Indiansqv killed William in a fight on Bay Prairie in Brazoria. On August 19, 1824, as the widow of one of Stephen F. Austin'sqv Old Three Hundredqv colonists, Mrs. Spencer received title to a sitioqv now in Fort Bend County on the Brazos River eight miles above the site of present Richmond. In 1825 she married Thomas Barnett, and the colony census of March 1826 listed her as his wife. The Barnetts had six children. Barnett died on September 20, 1843. In 1845 Nancy married Thomas M. Gray. They had one son. Nancy Gray died before August 31, 1863, when her will was probated in Fort Bend County. She is buried in the Barnett cemetery, located on her land grant.

Posted: 12 Oct 2008 3:26PM GMT
Hi.My Great-grandfather was John Jones, son of Mary Barnett and William Jones. I would like to exchange information with you. Thank you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic