Here is all I know about the Carmical family. Anything you can add to it will be welcome. I cannot identify Laura Starnes without more identifying information. There were a couple of different Starnes families in the area.
From the second edition of Yalobusha Bound:
317 S. CARMICHAEL [CARMICAL] 38 NC
Ann [HOOD] 36 NC
James 15 NC
George 13 Ga
John 11 Ga
Margaret 9 Ga
Martha 7 Ga
Robert 5 Ga
Courtney 3 Ga
William 1 Ga
(Samuel Spencer Carmical and Ann Hood were married c1835. Samuel Spencer Carmical was b. Oct 16, 1811 in Guilford Co., NC, and d. Oct 24, 1888 in Pulaski Co., Ark. Samuel Spencer Carmical is listed in the 1840 census of Paulding Co., Ga. He was the only child of William Joseph Carmical and Courtney Cartwright. William Joseph Carmical was b. 1792 in N. Ireland and stowed away to America. William Joseph Carmical married Courtney Cartwright on Jan 2, 1811 in Guilford Co., NC, and they moved to Ga., and later settled in Tenn. He is believed to have died in the War of 1812. In Oct 1822, Courtney Carmichael m.(2) George Dodson in Hawkins Co., Tenn., and in Oct 1841, Courtney m.(3) John Long in Hawkins Co.
Samuel Spencer Carmicalâ€™s wife Ann Hood was b. Sept 27, 1813 in NC, and d. Nov 1891 in Pulaski Co., Ark.
Samuel Spencer Carmical and Ann Hood had these children:
1. James Wesley Carmical, b. Apr 24, 1836 in Carroll Co., Ga., and d. Apr 17, 1897 in Pulaski Co., Ark.; m. Laura Starnes in c1856, and they had ten children.
[Note: there is NO record of this marriage taking place in Yalobusha County.]
2. George W. Carmical, b. c1837 in Ga., and d. Dec 31, 1862 at the Battle of Stones River in Tenn. (CSA); m. Sarah E. Gore on Mar 7, 1858 in Yalobusha Co.
3. John A. Carmical, b. c1839 in Ga.; m.(1) Lucy Ann Porter on Aug 23, 1866 in Yalobusha Co.; and m.(2) Nancy E. True on Aug 1, 1869 in Yalobusha Co. There is a family tradition that after the close of the Civil War, John walked a hundred miles back home to Yalobusha Co.
4. Margaret A. Carmical, b. c1841 in Ga.; m. John P. Cofer on Oct 6, 1868 in Yalobusha Co.
5. Martha Matilda Carmical, m. James H. Clements on Aug 11, 1867 in Yalobusha Co. He was b. Feb 1848. They had these children:
a. George Robert Clements. B. Oct 1868 in Yalobusha Co.
b. Anna J. Clements, b. July 1870 in Miss.
c. M. A. â€œMaggieâ€ Clements, b. 1873, and d. c1900; m. James Henry Ard.
d. Ida B. Clements, b. 1875 in Miss.
e. Joseph Franklin Clements, b. Apr 1876 in Ark.
f. Allen Lee Clements, b. Aug 12, 1878 in Pulaski Co., Ark., and d. Dec 10, 1961 in Little Rock, Ark.
g. Charles A. Clements, b. Jan 22m 1880, and d. Jan 27, 1963.
h. Armond Clements, b. May 1883 in Ark.
i. Benjamin Louis Clements, b. Aug 22, 1884 at Otto, Faulkner Co., Ark., and d. June 4, 1965 in N. Little Rock, Ark.
6. Robert M. Carmical, b. c1846 in Ga., and d. May 1, 1863 at Port Gibson near Vicksburg, Miss.
7. Cortney Mary Ann Carmical, b. Mar 13, 1847 in Ga., and d. Jan 16, 1925.
8. William A. Carmical, b. May 1849 in Ga.; m. Mary Jane Boyd. They moved to Anderson Co., Texas in 1898.
9. Thomas Lee Carmical, b. Feb 7, 1852 in Yalobusha Co., and d. Mar 24, 1924 at Cabot, Pulaski Co., Ark. ; m.(1) Sarah Emily Boyd on Dec 21, 1877 in Pulaski Co., Ark. Sarah Emily d. Jan 13, 1888 of appendicitis. Thomas m.(2) Sarah Tammer Cole in Mar 1889, a dau of James Wesley Cole and Ann Hudson. Sarah Tammer Cole was b. Oct 27, 1873, and d. Mar 16, 1889 in Pulaski Co., Ark. Thomas Lee Carmical and his first wife Sarah Emily Boyd had eight children, but only one lived to maturity:
a. Robert Wylie Carmical, b. Aug 24, 1881 in Pulaski Co., Ark., and d. May 17, 1958, buried in Sumner Cem.; m. Ida Bell Williamson on Nov 11, 1902 in Pulaski Co., a dau of John L. Williamson and Turrentine McCibbon â€œTinyâ€ Black. They had eight children.
Thomas Lee Carmical and his second wife Sarah Tammer Cole had these children:
b. Mary Frances Carmical.
c. George Lee Carmical.
d. Sallie Agnes Carmichael.
e. Marvin Decard Carmichael.
f. Lawrence Edgar Carmical.
g. Claris Gladys Carmical.
10. Joseph Byrd Carmical, b. May 9, 1856 in Yalobusha Co., and d. Sept 8, 1924 in Pulaski Co., Ark.)