Search for content in message boards

Isaac Decker of PA

Isaac Decker of PA

Chuck Carnrike (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2004 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 10:49AM GMT
Surnames: Decker
Looking for ancestors of Isaac Decker, born between 1775 and 1794 in Luzerne County, Tunkhannock Township, PA. His wife, name unknown, was born during the same years. THey had three sons born between 1810 and 1820. Any help is appreciated. Chuck

Re: Isaac Decker of PA

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 7:46PM GMT
Did you find your Isaac Decker ? I have one from PA but moved to Ohio with family. Married and died in Ohio.

Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 4:38AM GMT
Thanks for looking. My Isaac Decker stayed in PA and llived in/near Nicholson during his later years. Thanks, Chuck

Posted: 2 Oct 2005 9:14PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 10:50AM GMT
Chuck, my gggrandfather was an Isaac Decker from Wyoming Co. Pa. Would like to chat. My email is SweetPotato124@aol.com

Posted: 3 Oct 2005 6:27PM GMT
Hi Chuck,

Do you have any info on the parents &/or siblings of your Issac Decker? I have been searching for the parents & siblings of my GG-grandmother, a Mary Decker born in 1800 in Westmoreland Co., PA. Thanks for any info you may have to share.

Sally Huntley

Chuck (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2005 7:30PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 10:55AM GMT
Sorry, can't help. looking for parents of Isaac Decker myself.

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 8:19PM GMT
Surnames: DECKER
Chuck,
I am looking for the Father of my Thomas J. Decker born abt 1813 in Luzerne Co., PA. I have been looking for his parents for 10 years now. I have tried to look for the father by going through all the census looking for Deckers in Luzerne. The name Isaac has come up everytime I look, but I could never find a connection to Thomas Decker.
I hope to hear from you and I hope we can help each other.

Cindy

Posted: 29 Dec 2007 2:23PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2008 1:04PM GMT
Surnames: Camp, Decker, Dixon, Stark, Thompson
Hi, I am doing Deckers from Tunkhannock also. I have Franklin Decker who passed in 1910 that had two wives- Dorcus Dixon of Tunkhannock and Mary Thompson of Wilmont. Frank's father was John and his birth place was NY. His mother was Mary Stark of Wyoming Co. I can't get any further back than that. Franklin had a bunch of kids. I have the list if you think this connects into your family. I got the name of a John Decker from the Tk historic Soc and called him. He said that my Deckers must have come from up Nicholson way. John moved with Franklin into Towanda and I am assuming he died there as did Mary his wife. There are Deckers in Monroeton just down from Towanda. Most of them are children of Jud Decker my ggrandfather and Bessie Camp. If you think we connect let me know.

Re: Isaac Decker of PA - Re: Decker of Ohio

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 2:15PM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2008 2:50PM GMT
I have a Mary Decker from the 1800 era and born in Ohio.
My Deckers (her brother John) went on to Iowa after HIS sons, Elisha and Elias moved there.
Shall we compare records?

Posted: 21 Feb 2008 11:09PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2008 11:01AM GMT
Surnames: Decker, Stark
Not sure I can help much. I have no info on any Franklin Decker. However, Mary Stark is probably a descendant of the Samuel Stark family in Nicholson, Wyoming County, PA which reaches back to 1565 in Scotland. My 3rd Ggrandfather was married to Prudence Stark, the daughter of Samuel Stark.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic