Search for content in message boards

family/ St. Molaise Graveyard Kilglass Parish

family/ St. Molaise Graveyard Kilglass Parish

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanagh, Mc Guire
Would anyone be able to tell me the location of St. Molaise' Graveyard in Kilglass Parish Sligo? My grt.grandparents Thomas Mc Guire and Mary Cavanagh Mc Guire are buried there. Their children were Bridget,Mary,John, Thomas and Charles McGuire (my grandfather who came USA and lived in Hoboken Many years.) Charles Mc Guire's daughter Mary was my mother. My grt grandfather and Mary lived in Kilglass RC and civil parish(ctown????)Are there Cavanagh's,Mc Guire's still in the area? Packy Hynes buried 1930's in same grave and he was from Culleens.John Williams

Sligo...McGuire

Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2002 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Mc Guire
Marlene....I strongly doubt if it is the same family. My grandfather came to NY/NJ area....Yours has a very different first name than any I have seen in the family. I found he was from Sligo Kilglass Parish from his death certificate in NYC.I do not know his townland. My grt grandfather never left Ireland and although he died after 1864 when deaths were recorded he was apparently one of those missed. If you are near a LDS Center they can get microfilm tapes of deaths, marriages and births for you by year for all of Ireland.LDS is on the net..familysearch.org You can see what tapes are available for request and for one to view at the center (cost abt 3.00) Thanks for writing. John
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2005 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: MCGUIRE
Hi John, my maternal great grandfather was Loney McGuire,dob 1890. He lived in Louisiana,USA. I don't know where he came from. He was married to Julia Dixon. His parents were Jerry McGuire and Betty Codd.
I thought I'd just share this with you even though I doubt that there is a connection between your McGuires and mine.

Thank you, Marlene

Killglass Burial Grounds

Paul Burns (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
I looked around Kilglass last Jan and found only three burial grounds. The current RC one is on the road between Easky and Enniscrone. A nearby Church of Ireland on that road about one mile north of Enniscrone also has a burial ground adjoining it. A road leads from the C of I inland to a crossroads where the current Catholic church is located, and just a short distance from the C of I there are the ruins of an ancient church surrounded by an old burial ground. I am not sure, but I would bet that this is the one you are asking about. For a photo, look in the left column of this page for "Paul-trip."
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: McGuire, Maguire, Niland, Nyland, Odlum, Oldham
John, you have a lot of info on your ancestors. Are any of mine related? Here they are

Dennis Maguire(b. circa 1780)

Bridget Maguire(b. circa 1780)

Patrick Maguire
Born 1801 Eire, County Sligo, Ireland
Died 12/2/1868 Westboro, MA

Martin Niland

Catherine (Niland) Maguire
Born 3/1818 Ducastle, County Sligo, Ireland
Died 1/04/1904 Westboro, MA

Patrick Henry Maguire
Born 10/18/1850 Eire, County Sligo, Ireland
Died Westboro, MA

Richard Odlum(b.circa 1850)

Johanna Crowley(b.circa 1850)

Mary L. (Odlum) Maguire
Born 1850 Ireland or Grafton, MA
Died 7/26/1893 Possibly Westboro, MA

Jack McLaughlin
8301 E Thoroughbred Trail
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
480-951-9333
480-348-1732 fax
mccurit@ aol.com

Niland

Robin Higgs (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Niland, Carson, Osborn, Esposito, Mezzone, Mitchell, Propst, Rexrode, Wilfong
Hi. I am researching the surname Niland, my mother's maiden name. My Niland's are from the New York area, upstate, buried in Saratoga and Schuylerville. Would love to trade information to see if we are of any relation, since it's so hard to find any information.

Sincerely,

Robin
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mcguire
Sorry, Catherine came from County Sligo.
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bomerzon, Browning, Cox, Crowley, Farrell, Kenny, Lamering, Maguire, McLaughlin, Nyland, Odlum
Catherine Niland was my GGGrandmother. She was from county longford in Ireland. She came ot the USA in 1850 and lived in Westboro, MA with her husband Patrick Mcguire.
Let me know if you want additional information

Niland

Robin Higgs (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Niland, Osborn, Carson, Esposito, Mezzone, Mitchell, Propst, Rexrode, Wilfong
Eliza Holleron Carson came over from Tipperary but I am not sure of when. I know it was sometime in the 1800's. I think the Niland's came over from County Cork, Ireland...but I am not sure of that and/or have not proven it yet. But thanks for the information anyway.

Re: family/ St. Molaise Graveyard Kilglass Parish

Posted: 2 Nov 2005 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanagh / McGuire / Maguire
Its probably completely irrelevant but there is also a Kilglass parish in Roscommon, which is not far from Sligo. There are Cavanaghs and McGuires all over this area, with both families represented in the Kilglass Cemetery. If this is of use to you, I'd recommend investigating the Kilmore area also, as the townlands are very small, and quite often people were buried in either cemetery. Regards.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions