Search for content in message boards

Marriage of Francis (Frank) Dufresne (Dufrane) and Emma Rondeau.

Marriage of Francis (Frank) Dufresne (Dufrane) and Emma Rondeau.

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 12:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dufrane, Dufresne, Rondeau, Edouin, Edwin, St. Marie, St. Mary
I have an obit from the The Reporter (Fond du Lac, WI) for Miss Lenore DuFrane, who was born 5 Aug 1905 in Marinette and died 17 Sep 1987 in Fond du Lac. According to the obit, her parents were Frank and Emma Rondeau DuFrane, but I don't have a record of that marriage.

This Emma probably was the Emma (aka Annie) (8 Jun 1876 - ?) who was the daughter of Francis (Frank) Rondeau (1841-1921) and Octave Edouin (Edwin) (1849-1928)?

Was Emma's husband the Francis (Frank) who was the son of Noel Dufresne (Dufrane) and Marguerite (Margaret) Lepine (Lapine)?

Or was he the one who was the son of Francis (Frank) Dufresne (Dufrane) and Elizabeth (Eliza) St. Marie (St. Mary)?

Re: Marriage of Francis (Frank) Dufresne (Dufrane) and Emma Rondeau.

Posted: 27 Aug 2007 2:38AM GMT
Francis Rondeau (born 20 Nov 1841 New York & died 17 June 1921 Marinette) was married to Octavie Edwin-Mocquin (born 9 Nov 1849 Canada & died 22 Mar 1928). One of their children was Emma/Amy Rondeau who was born 8 Aug 1875 Fond du Lac & died 19 May 1955 Fond du Lac. Emma/Amy was married on 28 Feb 1897 in Marinette to Frank DuFrane, the son of Noel DuFrane and Marguerite Lepine.

Francis and Octavie also had a child, Annie who was born on 8 June 1876 in Friendship. Do you have any idea what happened to her? I did not find her with the family in the 1880 census of Friendship and she was not listed in the obit of her brother, Servine/Sevier in 1945.

Would you please share Lenora DuFrane's obit with me? The last thing that I know about her was that she is was in Chicago in 1971. I live in mid-Michigan and consider myself VERY lucky when I am able to get to Fond du Lac. (It is not nearly often enough.)

Posted: 27 Aug 2007 5:29PM GMT
Surnames: Rondeau Moquin Dufresne Dufrane Lepine Johnson
Thank you very much for your valuable reply!

> Francis Rondeau (born 20 Nov 1841 New York & died 17 June 1921
> Marinette) was married to Octavie Edwin-Mocquin (born 9 Nov 1849
> Canada & died 22 Mar 1928). One of their children was Emma/Amy
> Rondeau who was born 8 Aug 1875 Fond du Lac & died 19 May 1955 Fond
> du Lac. Emma/Amy was married on 28 Feb 1897 in Marinette to Frank
> DuFrane, the son of Noel DuFrane and Marguerite Lepine.

I have all of those people in my database "westscottstreet", which is posted at wc.rootsweb.com, but I had not made the connection between Frank and Emma.

> Francis and Octavie also had a child, Annie who was born on 8 June 1876
> in Friendship. Do you have any idea what happened to her? I did not find
> her with the family in the 1880 census of Friendship and she was not
> listed in the obit of her brother, Servine/Sevier in 1945.

It is highly probable that the Annnie and Emma are the same person. My primary basis for that assumption is that on 26 March 1881, Fond du Lac County recorded certificates for 6 Rondeau children: Annie, Henry, Joseph, Ellen, and Savanne [sic]. The father, recorded as Frank Rondo [sic] signed the certificates 23 Mar 1881. (These 6 are what were later called "Delayed Certificates".)

If there had been a 7th child Emma/Amy who was still alive, then there would have been a 7th certificate. Instead, her father and clerk collectively misregistered her as Annie born 8 Jun 1876, instead of 8 Aug 1875. I have looked at many, many such Fond du Lac birth and death registrations that were done in family groups in early spring of 1881, and many of them have the same error.

> Would you please share Lenora DuFrane's obit with me? The last thing
> that I know about her was that she is was in Chicago in 1971.

The obit says she retired in Chicago, and returned to Fond du Lac in 1986. Late today, I will post an updated "westscottstreet" database that makes the connection you gave me, includes the data from Lenore's obit, and includes burial data for Lenore, her parents, her sister Marguerite Johnson, and her sister's husband Clifford H. Johnson (along with several hundred other updates for other French-Canadian families with connections to Fond du Lac). Also, I will be sending your separate, private email.

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 9:17PM GMT
Have been trying to contact you to give you the correct information on Melinda LaPean's spouse, marriage and death info. She actually died in Two Rivers 1946 and was married to Fred Rohde. Please contact me at: dhandy48@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions