Search for content in message boards

Sanders-Perkins

Sanders-Perkins

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
I'm searching for Wm. & Celian Sanders b. about 1830 and 1834. They're in the 1860 census with 6 of their children. By the 1870 census 4 of the children are living with Wm. & Minerva Perkins in Beauregard or Calcasieu Parishes. Carroll M. Sanders was born in 1868; he had a sister, Mary, and two brothers, Joseph and Thomas. Could Celian's maiden name have been Perkins? I'd appreciate any help.

Perkins

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: Perkins, Lyons
I am looking (for a friend) for a Ritha Lyons Perkins died in late 1990's in The DeRidder,Beauregard area of LA. I was told she was part American Indian (Cherokee).

If this rings a bell I will contact her and give her the info and the e-mail addy of what she needs to look up. She is a total newbie so I thought if I could help get her feet wet we would have another convert.

Retha Lyons

Kim Vodicka (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Perkins, Matthis, McLeod, Berry
What she married to Bruce Perkins? If so I have very limited information, email me at KimV@peoplepc.com
My Perkins family is in Beauregard and Calcasieu Parish
Kim Vodicka
Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:34PM GMT
I know this is very old, but I am looking for information on a "Mertha" Lyons who was the last child of my 3rd g. grandmother, Sarah Jane McCullough and Augustus Lyons. Mertha is on the census in 1890 as about 1 year old. "Gus" died in 1902, and Sarah died in 1924 in Alco (up in Sabine parish). Could Ritha/Mertha be the same person? Sarah's other children from 2 previous marriages scattered all over Beauregard, Allen, Calcasieu, Vernon, etc. parishes, so it would be unsurprising to me to find out that Ritha/Mertha was her child (Sarah Jane was 47 when Mertha was born.) who had been raised by one of her children.
Posted: 7 Feb 2013 6:37PM GMT
Never mind, I just did a search for Retha Lyons and found a girl born in 1930 - this is likely your Retha.

I will keep looking!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions