Search for content in message boards

Moses Hendrick

Moses Hendrick

Chuck Perfater (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2002 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information about the ancestry of Moses Hendrick, who married Sarah Mc Reynolds in 1820; and Nancy Asher in 1833.

Re: Moses Hendrick

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: Glass, Hendrick, Perfater, Hollingsworth, Meredith
Moses Herbert Hendrick is my great great grandfather. He married Sarah McReynolds 6-30-1827 and Nancy Asher 10-6-1833. My great great grandmother is Nancy Asher.

Re: Moses Hendrick

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 10:47AM GMT
If you haven't figured this out already, he was almost certainly a son of Ezekiel Hendrick [Nathaniel, Benjamin, Hance] and Jane Hurt of Pittsylvania County, who lived about a mile south of the Roanoke River on the other side of which was the McReynolds farm in Campbell County.

The surety on the marriage bond for Moses Hendrick's marriage to Sarah McReynolds in 1820 was Joel Lain, who had married Ezekiel Hendrick's daughter Sarah Hendrick. Thus Moses Hendrick's brother-in-law.

I am very curious about the source of the information that his middle name was "Herbert". It seems more likely that his name would be Moses Hurt Hendrick, after his grandfather Moses Hurt. Can you tell me how you know that his middle name was "Herbert"?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions