Search for content in message boards

Susan Batchelder and Robert Reed

Susan Batchelder and Robert Reed

Posted: 28 Aug 2003 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2004 7:50AM GMT
Surnames: Batchelder, Reed
Found my g,grandfather Ernest Elmer Reed whose parents are Susan Batchelder and Robert Reed. Ernest born 1860, Iowa. I think it was Langworthy Town, and Jackson Co. Does anyone have a connection to Susan? Suppose she was born1830-1845 at least. Thanks.

Re: Susan Batchelder and Robert Reed

Posted: 31 Aug 2003 3:22AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2003 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Reed
My Grandfather Elmer Ernest Reed was born in Iowa March 18, 1884. I don't have his parents names. But he was married to Sadie or Sarah Reed
I have a partial list of their children Max Phillip Reed is my Father and son to Elmer and Sadie

Katie Mader (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2004 5:53AM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Batchelder, Mader
My great grandfather was Reverend Ernest Elmer Reed, born 12/14/1860 in Monticello, Iowa. He was the son of Susan L. Batchelder (Born February 8, 1837 in Nashua, NH) and Robert Reed (Born November 9, 1825) in Leatherwood, Pennsylvania. My great grandparents are buried in Tacoma, WA.

Posted: 4 Jan 2004 5:46PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 2:21PM GMT
If Susan's Parents are John and Eleanor. She would be one of my great ??aunts.

I am looking for information on her brother Albert who married Harriet Hunter of New York.

My Mom and Dad still live in Monticello. Aunts/Uncles/cousins live in the Anamosa Area.

If you are related please let me know.

Sharon

Posted: 5 Jan 2004 4:58PM GMT
Bingo!! We have the same G,grandfather and G,grandmother, Lillian Mabel Smith. They were buried in Pierce County, Tacoma Washington. My grandmother is Edna Ruth Reed, a teacher, who married Harrison Irving Mersereau. My mother is Lillian Reed Mersereau who married Robert Carroll Broderick. I checked the Census Records and have a listing of all in Ernest's household as of 1920 and Edna was the oldest and not listed, but there were possibly 4 or 5 more living siblings whose names and ages are all listed.( I just moved and am trying to locate everything again.) I have a picture of Ernest and Lillian when they were in their 80's. Are you interested in it? I noticed on Ernest's death certificate that a Doris Savage was at his death. He had a youngest daughter named Doris. She would have been 54 at the time of his death. Please keep in touch. Jennye Ruth

Posted: 5 Jan 2004 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Broderick,Mersereau,Reed
Sharon, I don't know who Susan's parents are yet. Please read my response to Katie. There is a definite connection if its the same Susan. Thanks. Jennye Ruth

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2004 2:01AM GMT
John and Eleanor Clark (my 4 great grandparents) Johns parents were Nathaniel Batcheledar and Elizabeth Mudgett (5 great grandparents)

Childern of John and Eleanor

1. Stephen C. born in 1819
married Nancy Edison

2. Nathaniel born aug 13, 1821 in gilmanton
Married Julia ???
Dide May 18 1909 --Nashua, NH

3. Romanates born 1825
married 1. Eliza Spencer 2. Martha A.

4. Benjamin born Oct 19 1827
married Hannah ????
died Oct 11 1863 in the Cival War in Tennesse

5 Albert My 3 Grandfather
Born in 1831
married Harriet Hunter --(-I am looking for any medical information on Harriet)
died nov 24 1890

6. Elanor born 1833
Married 1. Jasper Benjamin duaghter of Ellen
2. Noah Bigley

7. Daniel Webster born Jan 1 1835 in rumney n.h
married Almira Wor ster

8. Hannah
Born 1835 or 36 in Rumney n.h

9. susan
born 1838 Runmey N.h

10. Narcissa
born Dec 5 1839
records i have say she married Noah Bigley also died apirl 22 1858 and baby also at the age of 18 yr 5mo and 17 days.

11. Arvialla Born 1842
married leonard Hitchcock

12 william - He is the only child I do not have any information on

Albert and Harriet Children Lived in Langworhty Iowa.

1. Lewis--born feb 25 1866
2. Charles born april 27 1868
3. Minnie (my great great grandmother married Charlies Guilford
died aug 25 1934
4. Eunice born aug 21 1864 died in infancy

I have my family tree back as for as Grandpa Rev Stephen Batcheleder
(7 Grandpa Nathaniel's )
Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, Nathaniel, John, Albert, Minnie Batcheleder-Guilford, Harriet Guilford Oltmanns, Rachel Oltmanns Griffith, Now me Sharon Griffith Grams

If you have any information please pass it along.

thank you

Sharon

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2004 2:29AM GMT
What was the name of your great grand parents.

Susan Brother to my Grandpa Albert were John and Eleanor Clark Batchelder

Posted: 6 Jan 2004 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: Broderick, Mersereau, Reed,Batchelder
Susan and Robert are my g,g,grandparents. Their son, Ernest, is my g grandfather.
The date you have of birth for Susan is 1838 and not in Nashua, NH as Katie Mader does in her info. We would have to verify that they are the same to determine if parents are correct. I don't have the book mentioned by Frederick Pierce pub. in 1898 YET!! If you can verify her parentage and who she married it would certainly help. Don't know how soon I'll track it down but will start. Looking forward to working with you. Jennye Ruth

Posted: 14 Dec 2004 4:37PM GMT
I seen this posting and noticed that this Lillin smith had a daughter Doris. I am looking for a Lillian Smith, who had a Daughter Doris, and 2 sons..1(unknown name) and the other is John Charles Smith. He is my husbands father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic