Search for content in message boards

Cherokee Indian Heritage

Cherokee Indian Heritage

Michele Crittenden-Forga (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 8:32AM GMT
Hello out there my maiden name was Michele Crittenden. My Grandfather was Charles David Crittenden or David Charles, his birth certificate and Indian roll card have two diferent ways. I was reading some postings and I knew the name was English I have a great great uncle Martin who was a redhead and so am I, whats strange is our family is considered Indian as well, my father George David Crittenden was born in Westville in Indian Territory on the border of Arkanas and Oklahoma. Can anyone else out there relate to my story? Are we remotely related to the Governor of Arkansas Thomas Crittendon? Tell me about the English heritage the Royalty of England. Thank You Michele Crittenden-Forga

Martin Crittenden, Charles Crittenden

Harry Styron (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 7:12PM GMT
Michelle, Martin Crittenden of Westville was my grandfather's youngest brother. Martin's son John Crittenden lives in Tahlequah and is in the phone book. He knows a great deal about the family and would be happy to help you.

Crittenden

Michele Crittenden (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 7:56PM GMT
Thanks! I think my father talks to him occasionally if he is the same John, he is my father's cousin. My Grandfather Charles David Crittenden married my Grandmother Cora Palone she was from Westville also. If you have any info I would appreciate it, my father gave me some of it but I am still in the blur about the rest of our heritage. I need to go to Tahlequah to look up the history in the Indian records. So I guess we are distant relatives. I think Martin was the one with the red hair and I inherited that from him, in fact I think he was the only red head in the family besides myself. I will ask my father about your uncle. Your not talking about John D. Crittenden are you? I knew him he died several years ago, I went to his farm in Tahlequah when I was very young, he had a club foot I think tell me if I am correct about this I would really appreciate any more info.

Michele

Charles David Crittenden

Harry Styron (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 4:10AM GMT
Michelle,
Please send me your e-mail address.
John Crittenden who now lives in Tahlequah is a retired teacher from Westville. He is about 80 and in good health. He was a redhead, also.
I have some information that I can mail to you also, so send me your mailing address.

Crittenden Family

Michele Crittenden-Forga (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 9:54PM GMT
Thank you for all that you can assist me with, my address is 2305 Beaumont Dr #B Norman, OK 73071 my e-mail is MCRICKET2U@aol.com Looking forward to hearing from you.

Michele

Crittenden Family

Anita (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 9:57PM GMT
My grandmother was Jessie Tillman (Crittenden)and the family lived in Westville for a period of time. Her family was also Cherokee and the family tree has been traced to the 1700s. One of Jessie's sons has bright red hair with all other siblings having dark hair, eyes, and skin tones. We could be related!

crittenden

anita (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 2:34AM GMT
I will check into the relation from my family this weekend. sorry for the delay. The name does sound familiar.

Cora Palone

Anita (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2000 7:22PM GMT
Hello! Was scanning info on the Crittenden family and noticed that you mention Cora Palone. I recently found an old photo of two ladies that once belonged to my grandmother, Jessie Tillman (Crittenden). Jessie spent time in Westville.The writing on the back of the photo is hard to read, but it appears that the names are written as Minnie Palone or Palorne and Unie Crittenden. Do you recognize these names? Unie is not a name mentioned on anything I have of the Crittenden family. Would love to know who she was. Thanks, Anita

Unie Crittenden

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 10:15AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2002 4:55PM GMT
Hi, my ancestor was Eunice (Draper) Crittenden.
Her nickname might well have been Unie, so
you might be looking for a Eunice. Mine was
born 1787 in Ashfield, Franklin MA.

Unie Crittenden

Anita (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 5:37PM GMT
Thanks so much for the info. I have a family tree on my grandmother, Jessie Crittenden's side of the family. Then, I found this old photo, which has captivated my curiosity...thank goodness someone wrote names on the back. Guess I need to research more. Thanks, Anita NitzaP7@aol.com -> put subject as Crittenden Family, so that I don't delete.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions