Search for content in message boards

Samuel Gilchrist

Samuel Gilchrist

Don Sherwin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gilchrist, Reet, Peak, Cruickshank
Looking for Daniel GILCHRIST and Mary REET, parents of my 2great grandfather, Samuel GILCHRIST (GILCHRIESE). Census indicates that Daniel and Mary were both born in Upper Canada. Samuel was born in Pickering Twp., Ont., July 21, 1826, died Crystal Beach, Ont., Aug. 21, 1901. He married Catherine Jane PEAK, born Pickering Twp., Dec. 27, 1827, died Welland Ont., Nov. 6, 1887. Samuel and family moved to Welland, Ont. from Pickering Twp. in the 1860's Samuel was a sailor, later Chief of Police in Welland. The family spelled their name "Gilchriese", and descendants still do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Joseph House

Don Sherwin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: House, French, Sullivan, Day
Looking for parents of Joseph HOUSE (1815-1900), my great great grandfather. Joseph was in Grimsby Twp., Ontario in 1840, when he married Anna Louisa SULLIVAN, daughter of ___ SULLIVAN and Sarah DAY. In the 1840's, the family moved to Brantford East Twp., Brant County, Ontario, and in the 1860's, to Simcoe, Ontario, in Norfolk County. In 1882, they moved to Grimsby village, where Joseph died January 16, 1900, and Louisa August 13, 1904. I have speculated that Joseph was a son of George HOUSE (1773-1871), who in turn was a son of Harmanus HOUSE, U.E.L., of Clinton Twp., Ontario. George married Mary FRENCH in 1813, and she might be the mother of Joseph. I have no proof of the latter, and seek same, if possible. Responses would be much appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions