Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Robert Seaver (1608-1683) of Roxbury MA

Descendants of Robert Seaver (1608-1683) of Roxbury MA

Posted: 12 Mar 2003 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: SEAVER, SEVER

I have placed some of my data on the descendants of Robert Seaver, the immigrant to Roxbury MA in 1634, on my genealogy.com web site:

http://www.genealogy.com/users/s/e/a/Randy-Seaver/

There are Robert Seaver descendant four files there (and several are quite large - don't use a dialup modem for the big ones!) - one for each son of Robert Seaver and Elizabeth Ballard: Shubael, Caleb, Joshua and Nathaniel.

If you find errors in this data, or have data to add to it, please write me at rjseaver@cox.net and tell me.

If you have a Seaver/Sever mystery, please write me and let's discuss it. I have quite a few "loose Seavers" that don't have known parents yet, aspecially after 1800.

Regards -- Randy

Re: Descendants of Robert Seaver (1608-1683) of Roxbury MA

Posted: 14 Aug 2003 2:41AM GMT
Is this the same Robert Seavers born 1608,as the son of Nicholas Seavers of Ballynchant,County Armagh,Ireland,originally from England???
I have him as the third son of Nicholas Seavers,Sr.along with Nicholas,Jr. and Charles Seavers too..
Nicholas Seaver's two sons were officers in the English Army,who removed themselves
from Ireland to Oxford in the 16th Century.
The Seaver brothers were reportedly swift in their journey from Ireland at the insistence
of Hugh O'Neill who in 1598 near Armagh defeated an army sent to Ireland by Elizabeth the 1st
(the daughter of Henry VIII) to out the Irish Rebellion down.
Information from Book by John Saviers,Denver,Colorado,published in 1992.
******************************************************************************************
Nicholas Seaver settled in Dublin, Ireland in 1650 and changed his abode to Ballaghy,
County of Armaugh, where he held much land in his own right under a grant from Charles I.
It has been a tradition in the family that, as an officer in the English army, he came to Ireland
with Cromwell's army, but there has been no clue as to the part of England from which he came.
Other authorities think it probable that he descended from ancesters who previously settled
in Ireland.
Nicholas became a Protestant in 1650, having been a Catholic before that date.
His will was dated 1687 and he died not long after.

W. Roger Gillem - genedr@netscape.net

Re: Descendants of Robert Seaver (1608-1683

Posted: 15 Jul 2006 10:43PM GMT
I can help you with my Sever kin after 1800 from Census records

Re: Descendants of Robert Seaver (1608-1683) of Roxbury MA

Posted: 11 Oct 2008 8:05PM GMT
Surnames: Seaver
Hi Randy Seaver,

I may have a Seaver mystery for you. Martha (Mattie) Ellen Seaver was my great great grandmother. She was born on December 6, 1858 in Holden, Massachusetts. Her parents were John W. Seaver and Lucinda (maiden name unknown). Martha married John Lindsey Rowell on February 18th, 1882 in Worcester, MA. The family story is that one of Martha's parents was full-blooded Native American, specifically from the Arapaho tribe. Farfetched, I know, given the current location and history of that particular tribe. Do you have any information about my Seaver ancestors? Thank you for any help you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions