Search for content in message boards

Alvin Solomon of Overton Co Tn and/or KY area

Alvin Solomon of Overton Co Tn and/or KY area

Margaret Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 6:00PM GMT
Looking for Alvin Solomon married Mary Owens 1830? Overton Co, TN. Children all W/last name Solomon: William Travis, Thomas Porter, Julia Underwood, Chesley Cole, Martin Berry, Mary Potter, Ansel Lafayette. Julia Underwood Solomon Stephens is my Great Great Grandmother (married William Stephens Jr). They migrated to MO in 1852, according to (sketchy) info I have. Any more on the Solomons would be helpful. Mary Owens was married 2x. I have listed 7 children with last name Baali (Bailey) - hers, apparently.

Solomons and Baileys

Kevin Solomon (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2000 11:22AM GMT
That is interesting that you mentioned those last names since my close friends last name is Bailey and mine is Solomon. In fact, my father says that he believes we have blood relatives in the Bailey family. We are both from NC.

Solomon and Bailey's

Carolyn Kimrey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2000 5:02PM GMT
Kevin,
Where in NC did you come from? I know some Bailey's that married Solomon's. I am trying to find info on W.S. Solomon wife Tabitha. He had a son W.S. Solomon, Jr. wife Mary Ann Thompson. I am trying to find out if he had a daughter,Mary, that married John Martin Rummage. Would have been the 1860's to 1880's.

Names and dates

Kevin (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2000 9:18AM GMT
I'll have to investigate further. My grandmother Solomon has alot of old photos with handy dates and names. Some date back to the late 1800s. She is the reason I became interested in tracing my blood line.
I need to go visit her anyway ;-)

Re: Names and dates

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 6:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Solomon
Kevin - I am researching Sherrod Solomon. He's my gg grandfather. His son, Charles D. Solomon is my grandfather, and my dad, Henry, is Charles' son.

I have done some research to find the parents of Sherrod and I've come up with 3 names.

1. Alvin b. 1789, and Mary Owens Solomon, b. 1790 in N.C. in the 1830 Overton County, Tn Census. The reason I feel the three listings might possibly be who I am looking for is because Sherrod was born in 1814/1815. In the 1830 census they all three list a child between the ages of 10-15.

2. James and Jane Ferrand, married Jan. 18, 1809, Jefferson City, Tenn. I don't know if this is correct, but their childrens listing and their marriage date makes it possible that they might be Sherrod's parents.

3. Elizabeth Solomon, Grainger County, Tn. 1830 census has a child between the age of 10-15

If this information is what you are needing and I am a relative, would it be possible to scan in some of your pictures, or at least give me some of the information on the backs of them? I would appreciate any help you would give.

Thank you,
Donna

Re: Alvin Solomon of Overton Co Tn and/or KY area

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 6:22PM GMT
Surnames: Solomon
Please look at the message board for the query I responded to. You stated that Alvin and Mary were married in 1830...I have them listed in the 1830 Overton County, Tn. census. From my research I have it that Mary was born in 1790. If she is the mother of Sherrod Solomon and the wife of Alvin Solomon, she would have been 40 years of age when Sherrod was born.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 12:29PM GMT
Surnames: Solomon, Derham
I'm related to a Solomon (GGGGrandfather) from Grainger Co. Thomas who was married to Mahala Derham in Grainger Co on 10/14/1823 and they had eleven kids scattered in KY and TN. I believe Thomas came from NC and had family but need better documentation. Do you see a Thomas in your pictures or information? One of Thomas and Mahala son's was Jesse who I'm most interested and he ended up here in KY. Jesse had eleven kids too (and so did his son William T). I would also like to be in the picture loop if it gets started. In regards to Elizabeth, I only see a Martha, Mary A and Rachel as siblings of Jesse and children of Thomas. I do have some info on a Abraham Solomon to Elizabeth Chetty marriage in Grainger co., TN June, 1811 but it was only recently found.

Posted: 31 Dec 2006 2:51PM GMT
I'm going to check the census regarding your information. The only thing I'm sure of is my gg grandfather was 15 years old in 1830. If there is a listing for a child 10-15 years of age, then maybe there is a connection.

I hope we have a Solomon connection.

Please keep in touch with info and I will too. Thanks

Re: Alvin Solomon of Overton Co Tn and/or KY area

Posted: 27 Mar 2008 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Stephens, Stevens, Cherry, McClenning, Wheeler
Julia Ann Solomon married Joel Stephens per the death certificate of their daughter Theressa E Stephens Wheeler Cherry McClenning. Joel Stephens was living in Overton, TN in 1850 and Peno, Pike Co, MO in 1860 and 1870. He died before 1880. Theressa married John Wheeler in 1875 in Pike Co, MO whose father was Edward McNew Wheeler, the brother of my ggggrandmother.

Posted: 8 Feb 2009 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Solomon, Chetty
I received information that Elizabeth Chetty and Abraham Solomon might possibly be the parents of my gg grandfather Sherrod Solomon. Would you please send me the information you have on Elizabeth and Abraham?

Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions