Search for content in message boards

'The Strahan Story"

'The Strahan Story"

Posted: 12 Oct 2000 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2003 3:31PM GMT
A book created for the descendants of Otneil, John, Moses Strahan. Don't be left out of the next printing.

Strahan

Nancy Deerinwater (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:41PM GMT
Hello could yqu give me more information on what you need.
Thank You
Nancy

Strahan

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:42PM GMT
Thank You
Nancy

Strahan

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 2:42PM GMT
Thank You
Nancy

"The Strahan Story"

Posted: 13 Oct 2000 4:11PM GMT
Thanks for answering my inquiry. We have published a family book "The Strahan Story" in which we have traced our line back to 1658 in VA. Therefore I try to increase our information before a revised publish date. If you have any researched or family information on the Othneil Strahan and his sons John, Moses Sr. Alexander and Noah and would like to have it entered in our book, with your permission I will include it and its source. Thanks, Larry.

Reconnecting . . .

Linda Carol Strahan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:33AM GMT
I need your email and any email you may have for Troy Strahan and Bruce Strahan . . . . I have just discovered possible member of my family linked up in same little texas town (Honey Grove) as descendants of David Strahan b. 1755 N.C. and who may therefore be my kin . . . .

E-mail Address

Posted: 16 Oct 2000 9:04PM GMT
Linda, this is Larry. My E-mail Address has change a coupla times since you and I last talked to each other. MCIWORLDCOM has sold to CWIX, CWIX to Prodigy, and back to MCI and then they sold us to AOL. That was enough, I went to Bellsouth. Let me know in what way I can help you. I am so tied up with updating our book "The Strahan Story" it takes most of my time. I've found three families in the last two weeks. I just got back from Hazlehurst (Copiah Co. MS) looking for cemeteries. I found a lot of plots of the early descendents of John and Moses Strahan. From what we have found these two brothers had two other brothers, Alexander and Noah. Othneil was their father and a brother to the David. This brother of Moses was married to Sarah Howard and the mother of David Jr. who went to KY. Sarah was the sister to father of Rachel Howard, the wife of our Moses. Let me hear from you. Larry.

email address

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 9:54AM GMT
please check with me at It seems that a James A. Strahan b. in Illinois, who may be my great grandfather's missiing older brother, married a Harriet Long and had a son John David Strahan b. 1871 who married Zettie Sanford and a son Alexander James Strahan b. 1876 who married Charity Hepsibeth Rebecca Turner. Both boys were born in Texas, John David in Honey Grove, Fannin Co. where the Alexander Strahan son of John son of David Jr. went from Illinois with his family . . . .Now I'm looking for the possible other sons that John son of David Jr b. 1755? might have had . . . because James A. does not fit into Alexander's family . . . AND it may indicate that my James Strahan b. 1777 Ireland, whose oldest son, his grandson James' uncle, was a John David Strahan was related to the David Jr, and if to the David Jr, then to Othneil and your crew . . . Are you following? I'm wondering of David Jr might have had a brother John who stayed in Ireland and had my James—and if the "brother John" who came with my James to Illinois might have been a cousin John—and been the father of the Alexander who goes to Honey Grove Fannin Co and then to Lamar Co and then to Washington Co., Arkansas.

your message

Posted: 17 Oct 2000 11:02PM GMT
Uhh, I'm confused: If David Sr was the brother of Moses and Othneil was Moses, John, Alexander, and Noah's father how was Othneil a brother to David?

I still need your email . . .and

Do you have the children of the John who was son of David Jr and went with him to Illinois . . .? I have only one Alexander who goes to Honeygrove, Fannin Co., Texas and then Lamar Co. and then Washington Co., Arkansas .

And my immigrant James may related to your group, though he was b. 1777 Ireland . . ..simply because we think the James A. may have been his grandson and he also goes to Honeygrove, Fannin co. Texas from Illinois. and he names a son John David and another son Alexander James . . . . .

Also do you have email addresses for Troy Strahan and/or for Bruce Strahan?.

e-mail address

Posted: 27 Oct 2000 11:50PM GMT
tennreb@bellsouth.net I will send you something. Larry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions